the circuit assembly

by thedog1 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thedog1
    thedog1

I am off to the circuit assembly tomorrow. Not really looking forward to it as it is the first one I will go to after finding out many things on this forum. Since the last assembly I have read CoC, In Search of Christian Freedom, and some of The Gentile Times Reconsidered. Puts everything in kind of a new light. Trying to seem normal for my wife and some friends we are taking to the assembly tomorrow. Just have to see how it goes...

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Dog, maybe you can go with the goal of remembering your impressions to share with everyone on this site. It might put a different spin on it for you and you will have the opportunity of looking at everything in a more logical manner. Your comments here will be great interest, I'm sure!

• scarredforlife
    scarredforlife

We look forward to hearing your report, thedog1. You can tell us what happened and how it affected you emotionally.

• Honesty
    Honesty

We would like a brief summary if possible.

It is always good to know how to counteract the BS our JW family members are exposed to at the boasting sessions.

• humbled
    humbled

Well, dog, it will be strange for you to look out over an assembly of Jehovah's Witnesses--now. With your readings and reflection on your free thoughts of God and truth...what a day this will be.

I hope you feel comfortable enough to share your experience with us--now. At first some of us stopped just short of scalping you (-- an active JW elder walking into this "camp"! ) You've kept a cool head --and your scalp too!

You've been around awhile now, and perhap understand how hard it is for many of us to properly direct our hurt and frustration. I am sorry for any "sharp" edge in my former comments.

There is nothing I can say more but that I hope your wife begins to think for herself also.

Maeve

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Don't forget to play the "replace Jehovah with WBTS" game

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I feel for you. Report back every interesting thing you learn now that your eyes and mind are truly open.

Or if you are one of those guys who wear the ear device, I think its to test the sound?, just replace the device with an mp3 player and play The Thinking Atheist podcasts and enjoy.

• finally awake
    finally awake

Good luck, better take some Pepto Bismal with you

• XstuckX
    XstuckX

I'm taking the money I'm saving on NOT going to any of the assemblies this year and will be leaving tomorrow for a week long cruise. Enjoy the assembly! :)

• KateWild
    KateWild

Puts everything in kind of a new light.- thedog1

LOL! Exactly you have the new light, you know the truth about "The Truth" now. This time you go to the CA will be the first time you go with your eyes wide open. You are awake now thedog1. You can think critically about everything they are indoctrinating you with. Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit