Bart Ehrmann's New Book - Easter Release-Jesus to God

by Band on the Run 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was looking for new books to read at B&N. Somehow I saw there were pre-orders for Ehrman's latest book dealling with the transformation of the historical Jesus into God, a concept foreign to Judaism to say the least.

• designs
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

At the same time Bart's publishers are publishing a book that argues against his views. Bart and the scholars who author the refutation swapped manuscripts apparently, so the two books constitute quite a debate !

The other book is called "How God became Jesus" I think.

• ssn587
    ssn587

Remember. its all mythology

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Marcus Borg and N.T. Wright wrote an illuminating book about their differences in viewing Christ. They studied under the same prof as students. I can't recall the title. It was well done. I did note something that I've noted in law. The last person to speak/write appears to marshall the strongest arguments if I am the judge. My brain feels as though a ping pong match was observed. Justice Scalia wrote a book with Larry Tribe, the const'l expert at Harvard Law, and a legal philosopher at NYU Law. It was like reading three books in one.

I like that reasonable people can differ.

How many popular books can these Jesus Scholars write? The market seems so saturated. I hope this new book focuses on Christology more and doesn't just repeat what so many others have written.

• cofty
    cofty

Sounds interesting thanks.

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

Sorry that this is off topic. "better to be forgiven than to not try"

I real get what you are saying about First amendment rights.

Adding to that whole discussing: "that if we loose because of the rules then learn to fight within the rules". I do not know who said that, but it is what I believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit