Blood doctrine discussed on popular TV program this morning in Poland

by FadeToBlack 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

So my wife watched one of the morning talk shows today (Questions for Breakfast) after seeing an advertisement on TV yesterday about why JW's dont' accept blood. She thought it was going to be a presentation by someone from Bethel but it ended up featuring a disfellowshipped JW that stated the JWs were a sect and individuals did not make this choice of their own free will. I wasn't watching, just listening from the other room. She was livid. Her basic response was - what is this shit? (In Polish).

When it got over she was on the phone calling her friends and at least one of the elders. She wanted someone to alert Bethel so they could demand equal time (like they weren't watching it?). The funny thing is she did not want to talk about it at all with me and hasn't brought it up. Probably because I had mentioned that I wanted to see if they were going to discuss why the JW's would accept fractions now, but not whole blood and even more strange why they couldn't donate.

They haven't put the link up, but if I find it, I will post some of the translated dialog with the link.

They also had a surgeon on the discussion and it seemed to mainly focus on a recent case that involved a 10 year old boy that generated some waves.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Ok. Found the link. If anyone is interested I can try to tranlate to English.

http://pytanienasniadanie.tvp.pl/14530706/swiadkowie-jehowy-dlaczego-nie-zgadzaja-sie-na-przetaczanie-krwi

JW's Why don't they agree to blood transfusions?

22 -year-old victim of knife fight fighting for his life in the Poznan hospital. He was seriously hurt , although he does not agree to blood transfusion ... Why Jehovah's Witnesses do not agree on transfusions and how to save such a patient ?

Why was a JW in a knife fight to begin with? Just noticed video already has 31,000 views since this morning.

• Robert7
    Robert7

Thanks for sharing. I wish I could show this to my mother who goes to a Polish congregation in Chicago. I know 100% she would react like your wife did.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Talking about why a witness would fet involved Ina knife fight. We had one of those reality ER programs here with a guy who was a witness cursing his head off.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

FadetoBlack - "Her basic response was - what is this shit? (In Polish)."

How do you say "shit" in Polish?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Interesting reaction from your wife. So there is not much chance of her waking up to the WT just yet, it's a shame she felt she could not talk to you about how the program made her feel. Kate xx

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

@Vidiot: that would be gówno. But she actually said: Co za głupoty? Which is more politely - What is this nonsense/stupidity. So my bad.

@Kate: she is still a bit defensive. But I think that is normal. Prior investment is hard to let go of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit