Is This A Money Spinner? (2nd. Attempt)

by Englishman 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

I`ve just read a post on H20 by "dmouse" re the circuit assembly at Dudley, England. Apparently there were only 3 baptised there this weekend, but that is not what intrigues me; my devious apostate mind (hee hee) sees another way of making some luvverly lolly!

It`s all to do with the feeding arrangements. Many of these assembly halls are used every weekend, and I understand that the centre of Dudley is over-run by JW`s looking for somewhere to eat. So, why not set up a cafe close by that guarantees to serve acceptable witnessified food? A sort of "Bring me your hungry masses" approach.

You could pack `em in if, say, you had a board outside advertising "Blood free black pudding" (and chips) or "Un-devilled kidneys (and chips) or "Egyptian plague" (Toad in the hole)(and chips), the possibilities are endless. Of course "Angels on horseback" would only be served to FDS members.

What about a witness pub? It wouldn`t be too difficult to come up with a suitable name. The "Pub around the corner" could become the "Armageddons just around the corner". "The Slaughtered Apostate" has a nice ring to it, especially if it was able to get hold of some blood free red wine, though I doubt if the Bishops Tipple beer would sell too well.

How about a mobile burger bar? Only veggie burgers, of course, gotta be on the safe side, no, all the profit would come from sales of tea & coffee. The tea would of course, have to be like the old assembly stuff, 1 tea leaf tied to a length of cotton, you could ask extra for 2 dips. I believe that you can still buy ground up acorns to make genuine dub coffee + 4 spoonfuls of sugar for flavour.

Yup, I think I might be on to a winner here, does anyone want to throw in some more money spinning ideas?

Englishman

• nelly136
    nelly136

well I'd say you could sell swimming costumes as a sideline but there probably wouldnt be much call for those,
    and veggie burgers? what about cow burgers for the jws whose consciences allow them to partake of that fraction of the cow?
    of course it would have to be non smoking but you could have someone walking up and down the path with a sandwhich board to advertise your end of days prices to make them feel at home
    nelly

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Perhaps there could be something for the children similar to Happy Meals. There could be human-shaped pasta in various sizes, served, of course, with a red sauce. It could be called the "Post-Armageddon Dead Piles Pasta Jamboree".

• zev
    zev

englishman,
    i just have to ask...
    whats devilled kidneys ?

whats in them? what are they made of?

one american who dont travel much
    zev

__

• nelly136
    nelly136

there you go zev,

Serves 4

Lambs' kidneys - 8, cored and diced
    Plain flour - 1 tbsp
    Salt and cayenne pepper
    Mustard powder - 2 tbsp
    Butter - 50g (2 oz)
    Worcestershire sauce - 2 tsp
    Chicken stock - 150 ml (ΒΌ pint)
    Hot buttered toast - 4 pieces

Dust the kidneys with flour, salt and plenty of cayenne pepper. Roll them in the mustard powder.

Melt the butter in a small frying pan and cook the kidneys over a gentle heat for 5 minutes, turning them over now and again. They should be just pink inside.

When they are almost done to your liking, pour the Worcestershire sauce and the stock around them and simmer until the gravy is thick. Serve them on hot buttered toast.

nelly

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

English,
    You crack me up. In the Borg, the congregation I went to had a lot of alternative medicine people in it. Now I definitely subscribe to that in many areas, but they took it to another level.
    You could have a stand catering to those. All herb-fortified entrees. Extra charge for the special blends.
    TW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit