Discussion with some elders

by GoUnion 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• GoUnion
    GoUnion

Hello everyone just wanted to relate a situation that occurred a few days ago. So I have quit going to meetings for a few months now based on some issues I have with the explanations of current doctrines. My wife is none to

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Yes? Go on ....

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Uh, oh. They got him...

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Has the wife just gotten home from shopping?

• GoUnion
    GoUnion

Sorry I hate posting on an iPhone could this thread be deleted? Lol

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome GoUnion, Do what you got to do to keep yourself sane and your wife happy. Keep on venting on JWN on an iPhone, so that you do not vent your real feelings to your wife until she can critically think for herself. Be patient and compassionate with your wife and only ask her simple questions and encourage her to do independent research to find answers.

You should read books by cult-exit counselors to help you heal, help your wife to critically think for herself, and to better communicate with JW family and friends. I would recommend reading Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs"), visiting his website www.freedomofmind.com, and watching his FREE videos on his website. I would recommend watching Steve Hassan's How Big is the Phenomenon of Undue Influence? (2:01) and Strategic Interactive Approach explained 2003 (1:23:23).

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Hey everyone, GoUnion was able to start a complete thread here:

Discussion with some elders

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/277371/1/Discussion-with-some-elders#.UzBxF7zV-2Y

Post your comments on that thread!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit