Blood Transfusions - not disfellowshipping?

by gem 4 Replies latest watchtower medical

• gem
    gem

Have you seen this link?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/newsid_790000/790967.stm

The best bit is the comment at the end:

Jehovah's Witnesses, who number six million worldwide, have suffered years of adverse publicity over blood transfusions.

It now looks like they quietly want to downplay this issue and to emphasise less controversial elements of the faith.

More than any time in history, mankind now faces a crossroads. One
    path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total
    extinction. Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
    -- Woody Allen

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Gem,

thanks for the information.
    I do believe this board has seen that a long
    time ago. The BMJ, Lee Elder, Dr. Muramoto had
    a very lenghty and extremely interesting debate
    about it.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

P.S. Usual double- tongue WTBS ,Inc stuff!

• gem
    gem

Oh well . . . I hadn't been on the site for a while, and look what I miss!

I'll have to go back through the site, and read this thread . . .

More than any time in history, mankind now faces a crossroads. One
    path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total
    extinction. Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
    -- Woody Allen

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

>Jehovah's Witnesses, who number six million worldwide, have suffered years of adverse publicity over blood transfusions.

It now looks like they quietly want to downplay this issue and to emphasise less controversial elements of the faith. <

1) It's called lying.

2) "Adverse publicity over blood transfusions" is disengenuous. Jehovah's Witnesses have suffered loss of membership over blood transfusions; including but not limited to 26 children.

Jehovah's Witnesses take blood IN EVERY FORM THAT IT EXISTS except for five specific forms. Even four of those five forms are okay if it's cow's blood, if I can understand the WAtchtower's senile ramblings in its publications.

You are even allowed to accept the forbidden five forms of blood ONE TIME if you express repentance.

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The article states that the JW will by default DA himself instead of being DFed.

Bottom line: The person will still recieve the full force of shunning. Therefore, there is no practical change.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit