Divergent is a more complicated "1984", but still could perfectly describe cults

by ILoveTTATT 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I just watched the movir divergent and all I could think about was how similat it was to describing cults. Instead of being a black and white "us vs them" it's more of a multicolored cult vs cult vs a "overlord cult"... Phrases such as "faction over family" and "we can't run the risk of everyone thinking on their own" (that one was paraphrased) brought chills to my spine...

It's such a good movie!! I really recommend it!

We apostates are divergents!!

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

A jw just posted something about this On Facebook. Pretty sure he isn't awake, as we used be close and I haven't heard from him since we faded. I ll have to read the post and check this movie/book out.

• Zordino
    Zordino

Marking. Will watch it thanks

• ILoveTTATT
  • ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Anyone interested in the movie? I thought more would like to watch it...

• rayelynnlee
    rayelynnlee

It looks entertaining, not sure my husband would be up for paying movie theater prices for it though. We rent more than go to the theater.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

has anyone else here seen the movie??

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I havent seen it yet, but Mrs Dazed read through all the books in 3 weeks. I am more than 2/3s through the first book. I can't wait to see it. I will see it before I finish the book.... oh well.

I'm not a big fan of reading.... maybe thats why I really left the troof...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit