exodus 7:1

by Truthexplorer 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Hi all, ive decided to come back to the forum. Am needing to let of some steam in regards to things in general as finding myself frustrated once again with wt rules policies etc which I will discuss in future threads. I just wanted to ask your thoughts about ex 7:1 as it says that the lord made Moses God to Pharaoh. John 1:1 says the word was God. Surely those who have belief in the trinity can see that Elohim (God) means mighty one, and that Jehovah was making him a mighty one to Pharaoh. and therefore john 1:1 simply means that the word was a 'mighty one'. Any thoughts?

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I've thought about this one a little bit in the past. In the revised NWT, WT does a tricky thing. They say, "made you like God" with a footnote that reads: "Lit. made you God". The word elohim means divine, divine being, God, god. Surprisingly, the revised NWT did not make it lowercase god.

Now, that said, my thought with this verse is along the same lines as yours: The Almighty God can make ANYONE HE WANTS to be God / divine. This is one of the first things that changed my opinion of the nature of Christ. Instead of just an exalted angel, I view him as of a divine nature. Not God himself, but "in the form of God".

Just my opinion.

• mgmelkat
    mgmelkat

Interesting... Since Pharoah was considered a God by his people perhaps Moses needed to be a God/like God in order to reach Pharoah With his message?

Moses was also in the transfiguration. I wonder if that's linked with his being a god as well?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I'm finding that the bible was written and rewritten so many times who know what the original writer said. Since you mentioned the word Elohim, do a search on the God named EL and the city Uragrit.

• designs
    designs

Read Professor Jason DeBuhn's comments on John 1:1.

Of course some early Bishops were the one's who really decided what God should believe...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit