Grand daughter of deceased Governing body member Guy Pierce mentions being shunned

by Watchtower-Free 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Over on JWsurvey.org

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/governing-body-member-guy-pierce-dies-of-massive-stroke

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

Somebody should contact her on Fb and invite her to this forum. Poor thing. My heart aches for her reading her comments.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Yeah... Unbelievable!! Grandaughter of the GB and can't go to her grandpa's funeral... =(

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Her longest comments are below.....sounds like Guy knew the blood ban was a weak point for them as well. At least that is what I took from it.

Honestly, I appreciate all of the warm thoughts. But George is right in a way for sure. I do see the secrecy and have heard of the corruption, whether he had a direct part in it or if he made those choices with the others, or if he was only following orders, they only know. This is why everybody posting on here has a right to say, because there has been allot of things that has happened in the past and the present. One thing that was mentioned was the blood issue, this is one thing that we as a family have been through, my niece was 5 at the time, we almost lost her a few times due to ecoli, her kidneys shut down, she was dying, my grandpa even came to visit his great granddaughter when he was supposed to be traveling to another part of the world and here is what he said to us about the blood issue… he said, and this is not word for word, “Obeying God on your part is the most important, but you have to realize that they have that choice themselves, we can show them and we can talk to them about it, but most importantly is making sure that no matter what, you think of not only your relationship with God, but making it so that you can take her home when she is better.” and wouldn’t you know it, the courts too custody (and to this day I’m thankful that they did or she would not be here) and she got a blood transfusion. And because of the respect that we showed for the people there, the doctors and the nurses and the way that we kept calm, her dialysis doctor made sure that she was released back to her parent’s care. So, he may have been tied to the beliefs of that religion, but he was also level headed. I’m not saying he didn’t make mistakes and I’m not saying that there isn’t any kind of secret society behind it all, because since they keep such a tight knit between all the “brothers” and brothers only, then only the ones who have been there know for sure. Do I want to know? Yes. Do I want to know if he was involved directly? Yes. Would it change my view on him? Yes. But it would still be a loss of somebody in my family. So, having said that, I appreciate the warm comments, but lets not forget that there are many other things that can be shared on this as well. I’m not mad at the religion, but I feel that they are lost. Here is a religion that was started by one man, who did who knows what to convince his own translation of the bible and gained followers because of the promises made, his followers then recruited other people and then kept their children tightly bound to their sides and instilled fears in them of other people and made promises (who do you trust more than your parents when you’re little?)… and so on and so on down the generations. Whether those promises are true or not, nobody really knows. All I see is a people who are being told how to live their lives and if they don’t then they will be shunned. They have been hardened to people attempting to help them because of these fears and they are being promised things for all their efforts that they truly don’t know will come true… The song I dedicated to my family was the “Say something, I’m giving up on you” because they won’t listen, they are blinded by fear and they won’t speak to me because of men telling them how to live their lives and who they should speak to. I said to my mom one day “Why is it that God never turned his back on human kind, and yet these men are allowed to tell you that you should?”…. it’s because they don’t want to be shunned.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Her comments will have historical value if the JW's survive another 20 years or so... they should be preserved for posterity. I have... at least. It will be like Rutherford's son or Russell's wife or something... very valuable in understanding the history of the cult... IMHO.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

She comments quite a few times and seems very balanced in her viewpoints.. It's terrible that she doesn't seem to be welcome at her own grandfather's funeral. Hardly Christian. For shame. If it's a public event we should all put money in, fly her there, and arrange for lots of local support for her when she arrives....

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Condolences to Heather for losing a family member.
    Most of us though recognize the fact that all Governing
    Body members are liars . By the fact that they claim
    to be anointed. With Zero proof. Since this is just a
    fantasy interpretation made up by Watchtower leaders.

Their whole fabrication that the 144,000 is a literal number is a joke. By claiming something so patently false the GB know they are lying . Either that or they are severely Deluded.

Lying charlatans or deluded . What a choice.

• KateWild
    KateWild

My heart goes out to Heather as she feels she will not be welcome at her grandfathers memorial in New York. This is truly shunning at it's best, poor thing what kind of life is she living? At least she has contact with her mum that's good to see. Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit