March Moooooodiness

by LouBelle 9 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I had a fantastic February, went over my sales target by 121 %, did a fabulous school pull out feature (all on my own) wrote a couple of stories that got printed in the paper. I was go go go in Feb. Then come March, work forces a technical error issue to arise regarding previous months sales (they don't want to pay me the full 10k) and in order to fight it - takes far too much stress so negotiated an agreement (settling on 7.2k)

That kind of took the wind out of my sails/sales, just haven't felt like selling again, went for another job interview, they offered exactly what I'm getting here and when I tried negotiating they haven't even had the ettiquette to return calls / emails. Went for another interview to raise funds for a cancer home....but they only work on commission. Boss sends all leads to two ladies in the office............and the wind in my sails is still non existant.

I heard a good client of mine died last week.

Yeah, and I'm just feeling iffy *reminder to take my tablet*

Still on anti-depressants - for now - they do keep the darkness at bay and I don't get overwhelmed. I just go with the flow - whatever happens happens.

Looking forward to April - a cooler month and I turn 38 *gasp*

• Splash
    Splash

There are always good and bad months when it comes to work.

Jan and Feb for me were atrocious. I had to decide whether I should get yelled at by my manager for not doing something for him, or yelled at by some other part of the company for not doing something for them. Nice choice.

I opted to get yelled at by my manager but then showed him the good results I'd had else where, to try to mitigate a bit.
    So there's me all stressed out and cheesed off, then we come to March and everything is going well (so far!)

Don't focus on the negative - it's soon forgotten. Just look forward to the next time you get that feeling of doing a great job and being rewarded for it.

Pretty much everyone is in a similar boat - trying to do what we can for ungrateful managers in impossible timescales, just to make a living.

You're tenacious and determined and take the initiative to get things done. Give it another week or so and you won't even remember feeling fed up about this, you'll be getting your teeth into the next challenge!

Splash

• KateWild
    KateWild

Life is full of ups and downs. It's hard to stick at a job if you feel you are getting taken advantage of, then it's even harder to stay motivated. Go with the flow and do your best. I hope they see your worth at work next month. Life is just not always fair.

Thinking of you Kate xx

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Wow, 38 - oh to be that young and good-looking and successful!!!

You definitely got everything going for you! Spare a thought for us lesser mortals, and fully benefit from all you've got going for you. Best wishes for you!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I do know we have ups and downs - ag - I guess I just want the new big challenge. Always looking for that. Here's to a better day! *cheers*

The Searcher - oh my - I nearly peed my pants - THAT young?? Good looking?? (I'll take the successful) The thought of getting closer to 40 gives me the shakes and I found a hair on my chin - a black one - god I pulled that out quickly. Should check the silver linings in my hair *cringe*

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

You are blossoming into the mature woman stage - a great time in a woman's life IMHO!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Just an afterthought:

I once gave my teenage nephews two illustrations -

1) Just because you admire beautiful flowers, doesn't mean you want to pick them!

2) A guy can acknowledge that a Ferrari is a gorgeous car without wanting to steal it!

Sadly, many people (especially in the Org!) impute wrong motives to things we say.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

good illustrations!

• snowbird
    snowbird

LouBelle!

Thinking of you and sending you good vibes.

Blessings.

Sylvia

• chicken little
    chicken little

Hej Lou Belle, such a cut throat business world we live in these days, it is hard for truly kind people like yourself to keep going. Just trust your instincts and be yourself. Depression is such a bitch to live with (I know from experience), hope you come through March and perk up in April.

Love

Chicken little

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit