Todays newspaper,15 may 2002

by badboy 7 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

I read inthe Indepent(sp?) that an alleeged victim of an Catholic priest went and shot his alleged abuser.

• lydia
    lydia

Yes - that has happned - in Baltimore Md. The preist was shot but is in stable condition at the hospital - the shooter is in jail...I saw it on CNN last evening...

Lyd

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

and this is bad?

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Also, in an interesting action, the Catholic Church in Vermont turned over all of its records concerning investigations of priests accused of sexual abuse to the Vermont attorney general this week.

Wonder what would happen if the Witnesses were required to turn over their judicial records to the authorities? Not sure if that's a good idea, but it would sure raise havoc, eh?!

S4

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Seeker4, enough noise and the superior authorities will, especially those who want something ligit on the witnesses.

Guest 77

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

I live right by bal'more.

• outnfree
    outnfree

One would think that if the awful symbol of all that is wrong in Christendom -- the Roman Catholic Church -- was contrite enough to supply the DA in VT (and elsewhere -- here in Michigan, too!) with the names of priests who have been accused of sexual abuse, that the WATCHTOWER -- As God's ONE TRUE CHRISTIAN Organization -- would take an even HIGHER moral ground, and do likewise.

Maybe report accusations against Ministerial Servants, too? Oh, but wait! They don't have a clergy class, so ALL of the 'friends' who have been accused/confessed to sexual abuse. Yes, that would be what JEHOVAH GOD would expect them to do! Cooperate with Caesar.

OH! God's Law is higher than Caesar's? That's true! So tell me what the Law says about incest? Sleeping with a virgin outside of marriage? Want to impose the penalties prescribed by that Law? Or take your chances with modern jury trial?

Sheesh!

outnfree

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never
    tried before.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

WTBTS - "Records? What records? We don't keep any records"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit