Crystal Blue Persuasion

by BONEZZ 5 Replies latest jw friends

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Anyone remember that Tommy James song? Dub legend says it was written about the "Truth" book. I've listened closely and I guess it could be true. Anyone know the whole story about Tommy? Thanks.

• Xander
    Xander

Yeah, and the reference to 'Jehovah' being god's name was put in Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade because one of the producers was studying...

They have a little bit of a self-inflated opinion of themselves.

(Incidently, I hear tell the song was one of the many peace, love, and harmony songs typical of the era. The reference to 'Crystal Blue Persuasion' is the very new at the time picture of the earth hanging like a jewel in the sky taken from the moon.)

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• Xander
    Xander

Well, hell, I'm wrong - it IS a religios song:

According to Tommy James himself, "when I wrote Crystal Blue, it was taken from the book of Revelation: the imagery of the new Jerusalem."

Huh, another charming urban legend bites the dust. Ah, well...

Xander F

--George Santayana

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Thanx Xander...did you get that from a Tommy James site?

• Xander
    Xander

Don't recall, think so. It was from an online chat transcript. The question was something like 'I see a lot of biblical message in Crystal Blue Persuasion' and that was his reply.

Xander F

--George Santayana

• Gopher
    Gopher

I had heard (from one dub, who had heard it from another one, etc.) that the title came from the dark-blue color of the "Truth that leads to Eternal Life" book.

It's one great song, no matter the origin of the title.

-J.R.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.--Will Rogers, 1879-1935

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit