hey people- what to do

by airwlk149 8 Replies latest jw friends

• airwlk149
    airwlk149

hey a jw friend called me today and wants me to move with her.
    i am NOT a jw and this would be a bad idea because ever since my mom found out i have been dating a girl she said she wants to tell the elders so that i can be disfellowshipped again.
    this somewhat scares me because i work at a place where i see lots of jws and i kinda like being somewhat friendly with them.
    what to do?

love ya bunches,
    Katie

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Your two lifestyles will clash unless she is thinking of leaving herself. You know this will not work Katie. Have you thought about looking in the paper for a roommate?

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Hey {{{{{{{{{katie}}}}}}}}}}}

My suggestion is that you don't move in with her. Unless you want your entire life to be the talk of the Hall nearest you.

Perhaps too your life style may be stiffled because of what she believes and what your beliefs are.

If you feel you can trust her and she wont expose your intermost thoughts ( because as roomies we permit ourselves to be free in speech) then by all means go for it!

PS, When is out next "round" at Jerry's Place????

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

katie,

Let me ask you first, what's your status: Inactive, DA'd or DF'd?

Also, are you doing well financially?

In the financial sense, it's not a bad idea.

However, since you were raised as a JW, you have to be careful that when you move in with your friend there are things to consider:
    - Will they pry into your business?
    - Will she be allowed to room with a non-JW?
    - If you do move in with her, will she have a guilt-conscience attack?

Look, I am patronizing you. Since you ask a question, I am expressing my opinions. Since I don't know how's your situation financially and with your friend, I show you some questions.

Ultimately, it will be your decision anyways.

regards and love ya bunches too,

AjaxMan

• butalbee
    butalbee

Do you wanna move in w/ her? Thats my first question?
    Think hard about this one, forget all this religious ranting and concentrate on yourselves--what do you want? Where do you want to wake up in the morning?
    Don't let anybody cloud your perspective on this, do what you feel you need to do....Screw the WT, all the ever cause is trouble anyway!

• bitter mango
    bitter mango
    what to do?

hmmm hitchhike to canada! i'll let you live in my basement

good luck in getting things figured out katie

• Imbue
    Imbue

Naebs your becoming the Dear Neablis of JWD maybe you can write an advice column here.........lol

Actually you make sense most of the time which is scary...hehehe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The only good elite are dead elite!!"-Naeblis
    (Ok! He borrowed it)

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Katie, have you to stopped to consider that maybe your Mom put this JW friend up to asking you to move, so as to expose you to more of a straight lifestyle?

Be very cautious what you decide to do. It sure seems very convenient, to me.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    i am NOT a jw... she said she wants to tell the elders so that i can be disfellowshipped again...

If you're NOT a jw, what do you care if and whom your mom 'tells'? If her love for you is such that she would rather run tell folks who will judge, condemn and 'stone' you (instead of making it THEIR 'aim' LIVE QUIETLY AND MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS, which they should do because they themselves exist in 'sin', too!)... rather than exercise mercy, loving kindness and forgiveness toward you, do you really care? Really?

On the other hand, if you ARE a jw and/or you ARE worried about being 'disfellowshipped... again', isn't the answer obvious?

And yet, even YOU say it's a 'bad idea'.

Peace to you...

A slave of Christ,

SJ (who isn't quite sure what your 'status' is...)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit