Assemblies - what is the current structure/number

by insearchoftruth 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Looking for a bit of background on the assembly structure, realizing it may be a bit different this year due to the 100 year stuff.

In a typical calendar year, how many assemblies do the JWs have (outside of the normal meeting structure), what are they called and what is the duration?

Thanks

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I recall there being regional assemblies, special assembly days, district conventions etc.

• alanv
    alanv

I believe they will now have two one day regional assemblies a year and one three day district assembly.

The downsizing continues.

• KateWild
    KateWild

District Convention DC 3days

Circuit Assembly CA 2 days

Special Assembly SA 1 day

This is changing next year after the DC or Regional Convention, I recall reading there will be two CAs each of one day and a RC 3 days, there was a BOE letter posted on the forum about it I will try and find it and post the link.

Kate xx

• alanv
    alanv

Whoops just a correction to my above post. There will two one day assemblies starting in 2015 and these will both be called circuit assemblies. The three day convention will be called regional asembly or convention.

• KateWild
    KateWild

there was a BOE letter posted on the forum about it I will try and find it and post the link.-Kate

Sorry can't find it, maybe someone else can. Kate xx

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Thanks, is there a move back towards the large 'stadium' assemblies or is that just this year?

• KateWild
    KateWild

In the UK all the Assemblies are being held on the same days, this is new for this year but there are plenty of venues up north in the UK, the local one to me will have about 6/7000 people, as opposed to Twivkenham which holds about 50,000 and more congs have been assigned Twickers this year. I think last year the attendance was about 25,000.

Than answer is it's different all over the world at the moment. Kate xx

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Before, the Grand Boasting Session was a great big wastefest. But, with this year's program, it is a Great Damnation Working. (And a wastefest.) Go (assuming you don't have an assignment such as recording parts or all of it, or taking notes to be posted here), and your soul will be damned to poverty, destitution, stagnation, celibacy, sickness, and communism. They are telling us to put our all into this communist kingdom, and that not doing so will bring joke-hova's wrath.

I suspect future a$$emblies will be even worse.

• SecretHeart11
    SecretHeart11

Like Kate said, up until now there was a Circuit Assembly (2 days) a Special Assembly day (1 day) and a District Convention (3 days, recently renamed Regional Convention). Starting in the new service year, there will be two Circuit Assemblies (1 day) and one Regional Convention (3 days, as far as we know). Previously rank & file never attended the Zone Meetings or Annual Meetings, but given a recent letter informing r&f about the chang in the titles of Zone Overseers to Headquarters Representatives (is that right?) I am guessing this will become a regular thing. So technically it doesn't look like anyone is getting any more days to themselves, it would actually be more since all will most likely be headed to KH or AH two more times a year for special meetings. They might just be freeing up the assembly halls for all the super special, privileged meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit