The GB's weekly meetings

by Richard_I 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

Every Wednesday the GB meet and discuss who the hell knows what. But I was wondering, is it just them or are the committee helpers and the laywers invited as well? That's gotta be around 20-25 people altogether. Surely it's a business meeting consisting of the "elite" at Brooklyn? I refuse to believe that 8 guys make all the decisions, they have to consult the lawyers and Don Adams (president) and the other old guys at the top.

It's amazing we really know nothing about what goes on at the top.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

They're a Circle of jerks ... 'nuf said!

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

That is how secret socities work!

• smiddy
    smiddy

If I`m not mistaken their was nothing secret about the apostles meetings was their ? Arent they all recorded in scriopture for anybody to see ?

smiddy

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

smiddy: If I`m not mistaken their was nothing secret about the apostles meetings

You are not mistaken.

• alanv
    alanv

Ray Franz wrote that much time at those meetings were taken up by disfellowshipping matters. Theses days there are no end of committees dealing with every aspect of JW affairs. In reality I'm sure the gov body do very little, just rubber stamping what has been decided by other capable witnesses.

• suavojr
    suavojr

I wonder if the still the 2 third voting among them? That is what I would love to know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit