Why I remain one of Jehovah's Witnesses

by Brother Jeramy 146 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane
    For starters, what I wrote wasn't ad hominem. I was identifying the nature of Viviane's statements, not casting any aspersions on her character.

Except you actually used words that describe character and personality traits.

Seriously, do you even understand the words you use?

• Brother Jeramy
    Brother Jeramy

VIviane, cappytan, OUTLAW . . .

I've said my piece, you've each said yours. There will clearly be no agreement, which is obviously fine, but there's an obvious descending spiral in the things each of you are writing that approaches the level of obsession "with arguments and debates about words.These things give rise to envy, strife, slander, wicked suspicions, constant disputes" and are at best nothing more than "fights about words, something of no usefulness at all." (1 Timothy 6:4; 2 Timothy 2:14)

At that, and with the recognition that I certainly do not walk on water, I'll not be responding to either of you from here on out, as it honestly would not be foreseeably fruitful or of any real benefit. I do, though, wish you all blessings, and hope that you wish the same for me without qualification or condition, if you are disposed to do so.

• cappytan
    cappytan

Wow. I only commented twice on this thread and was in no way aggressive or insulting

...in 2 comments, I never once called your character into question.

In one comment, I did point out a logical fallacy and asked if certain statements Viviane made referring to you were true or false.

In a second comment, after being told I was wrong about the logical fallacy, I defended my position, very mildly, by honestly pointing out something that gave me the impression of an "ad hominem" fallacy.

Then, instead of responding, "Well, I can see how that came across. It wasn't my intention." You respond with, "I'll not be responding to...you from here on out...."

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I've said my piece, you've each said yours. There will clearly be no agreement, which is obviously fine, but there's an obvious descending spiral in the things each of you are writing that approaches the level of obsession "with arguments and debates about words.These things give rise to envy, strife, slander, wicked suspicions, constant disputes" and are at best nothing more than "fights about words, something of no usefulness at all."

Uh, yeah, because you are contradicting yourself with every post and being extremely negative.

Words have meanings. If you cannot be clear in what you write as to your meaning or it appears you do not understand the words you are using, then I have no idea how you hope to communicate.

If, in the future, you wish to avoid discussions about your meanings, I suggest you write clearly and in an understandable manner. In short, take your own advice.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Then, instead of responding, "Well, I can see how that came across. It wasn't my intention." You respond with, "I'll not be responding to...you from here on out...."

Taking his ball and going home because everyone didn't agree with him and his illogical position was challenged. It's the Christian way.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

VIviane, cappytan, OUTLAW . . .

I've said my piece, you've each said yours. There will clearly be no agreement, which is obviously fine, but there's an obvious descending spiral in the things each of you are writing that approaches the level of obsession "with arguments and debates about words..

At that, and with the recognition that I certainly do not walk on water, I'll not be responding to either of you from here on out, ....Brother Jeramy

You`ve lumped together 3 Very Different Posters..

With 3 very different Writing Styles..And..3 very different Ways Of Thinking..

Something you`d like us Not to Do,with All JWs.....Especially Yourself..

...................Image result for If you cant walk the walk

• ellaella
    ellaella
    Hello, I am newer on this site but it seems Jeramy that when listening to your words it is like listening an Elder. " There are problems in the Religion but look at the good only and ignore the problems, Jah will take care of those things in his own due time. " Not good or bad about your feelings, just have heard it hundreds of times since raised from daddy being an Elder. It is all Cooool
  • jmorgan74
    jmorgan74

Jeramy, I sent you a private message.

To those that vehemently disagree with Jeramy and his choices, have you considered possibly seasoning your words with a bit of salt? Not many from Jeramy's perspective comes to this forum to share their viewpoint. If your goal is to get more people to leave the organization, try taking the attitude of one leading a potential friend by the hand, rather than directly condemning him for not yet choosing the position you would have him take. Maybe more JWs would feel more comfortable to join and share similar thoughts like Jeramy, opening up more opportunities for you to do more of the same. Just a suggestion. I don't really care what you do.

Personally I sympathize with Jeramy's perspective, and it appears (to me) that many extremist-JWs eventually become extremist-EXJWs. The organization seems skilled at churning out intolerant, Pharisaical people.

Thanks,
    Jack

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Personally I sympathize with Jeramy's perspective .....jmorgan74

Jeramy's Perspective:

1)..JWs can live outside WBT$ Rules..

2)..You can support the WBT$,without Supporting the WBT$..

3)..Find new WBT$ JW Recruits.....Lie to them about JW Life in the WBT$..

..................Image result for people dont want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed

• jmorgan74
    jmorgan74

OUTLAW, I sympathize with his perspective in that I don't believe that everything that is taught within the organization is incorrect.

Thanks,
    Jack

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit