Why I remain one of Jehovah's Witnesses

by Brother Jeramy 146 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There is a lot of devout JWS who realize there are faults within the organization in its teachings and directives but they still adherently hold that life inside the organization has attainable virtue and personal benefits.

Its all really about personal perspective by each individual.

Of course much of that persecutive is being influenced by the WTS's self supporting indoctrination, a little bit of brainwashing can go a long way to control people thoughts and behavior.

• DJS
    DJS

Brother Jeramy,

I don't mean that I am an advocate of the Watchtower Society or a devotee of some of its more controversial false teachings. . . .And so in a similar way I have chosen to remain with my brothers and sisters, in spite of the poison of the "religious leaders" (i.e., the Watchtower Society and the many elders who bow to it) . . . . the "poison" of hypocrisy and falsehood that has harmed the Family . . “

Aren’t you being hypocritical by referring to us as “those immersed in bitterness and negativity … “. That is exactly how the Dark Lords and the elders would describe you and your followers based on your statements.

Some of us thought as you do – that the Dark Tower was the ‘truth’ that happened to be operating as a cult, and that it was in some manner ‘reform-able.’ We were wrong. It is a cult – a very dangerous hate filled cult. It cannot be reformed.

If you shared your thoughts with anyone on the inside you would be immediately identified as an apostate and DFed. You have developed enough ‘followers’ blowing smoke up your ass that it has affected your brain. You are delusional. The Dark Tower cannot be reformed, and the Dark Lords will never change. And you aren’t the answer to their hopes, dreams and wishes.

This isn’t Hoth where you can seek refuge from the Dark Lords while you re-group, Luke; you won’t find any secret plans to destroy the Death Star here, Leah. And your “Family” (with a capital “F” no less) will turn against you as soon as they feel the Dark Lords' flames, Mr. Koresh.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OUTLAW, I sympathize with his perspective in that I don't believe that everything that is taught within the organization is incorrect......Jack

There is more to his perspective that that..

He actively Rebels Against and Supports the WBT$..

Brother Jeramy would like us to..

.........................IGNORE THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM..

http://www.shiftworkplace.com/uploads/files/images/Blog/2014/elephant-in-the-room3.jpg

• jmorgan74
    jmorgan74

OUTLAW, I understand. I'm telling you what specifically I sympathize with, and being sympathetic doesn't necessarily equate into total agreement in every respect.

You have developed enough ‘followers’ blowing smoke up your ass that it has affected your brain. You are delusional. The Dark Tower cannot be reformed, and the Dark Lords will never change. And you aren’t the answer to their hopes, dreams and wishes.

DJS - What in the world are you talking about? What 'followers'? Where did Jeramy claim to be 'the answer to their hopes, dreams and wishes'?

• DJS
    DJS

jmorgan,

I know exactly why I came to this site 2 years ago. Why is BJ here? To change our minds? The evil, angry apostates?

His focus is on the Family still in - those who feel as he does, that the Dark Tower can be reformed. Biding his time, he is. Really? He is spewing as much hatred and anger towards the Dark Lords as we do. He refers to legions of those who feel just as he does. He knows this how?

They want to pet pandas and never die. We get that. We also got over that. So you tell me JP. Why Is He Here? I've read and re-read his posts, and the one thing that keeps popping up as a reason is narcissism and ego.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

There is a certain arrogance involved with JWs believing they are Gods people=SPECIAL

It is even more arrogant to believe you can be a SPECIAL JW

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Because it's not all wrong.

Wouldn't it make sense to say that if the perfect creator of the entire universe really had an organization, that it would be ALL right?

• jmorgan74
    jmorgan74

I read Jeramy's posts and I didn't detect any hint of narcissism and ego. At least, I didn't sense an obsessive need on Jeramy's part to bask in his own greatness, or that he possessed an ego beyond that which all healthy persons should be allowed to have.

Why do I have to tell you why he's here? You're actually pretty funny, DJS.

I don't know why Jeramy posted, but I'm glad he did, as I may have found another kindred spirit to be friends with. That's all I plan to get out of it, not trying to change anyone's minds beyond just saying that some of you could stand to chill a little bit.

Thanks,
    Jack

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I sympathize with his perspective in that I don't believe that everything that is taught within the organization is incorrect.

Why is this remarkable in any way? Certainly this can be said about pretty much anybody and anything in this world.

Logically, following a religious movement of any sort because they are not completely wrong doesn't sound like a great plan.

• DJS
    DJS

JP,

Fair enough. You don't have to tell me; that was rhetorical. I question why everyone is on this site, especially newbies who preach.

Bro Jer has an enlightened view (yeah sure, share that with the Borg and see how enlightened it turns out to be). In my brief 2 year presence on this site, I've noted a few like BJ who support the Dark Tower but not the Dark Lords, or something to that effect. They have an enlightened view (one they can only share on sites like this).

The Dark Lords ARE the Dark Tower; you cannot separate them. Ever. Thinking that you are somehow different from the others and that you have an elevated or enlightened viewpoint is delusional. Coming on this or any other site like this and starting OPs and preaching is egoistic. He would be better off looking for the plans to the Death Star.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit