Radio show re: JW & Pedophiles

by Safe 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Safe
    Safe

A radio talk show out of Little Rock, Arkansas, US will be discussing the JW pedophile issue on 5/14/02. The host is Dave Elswick. The radio station is KARN, 920 AM or 102.5 FM. I don’t know if the station broadcasts via the Internet, but his show begins at 9 a.m. CST and ends at noon. If you want to call the talk show dial 501-433-0092 for Central Arkansas, or 800-264-0092 toll free, I don’t know if the toll free phone number works nationwide or only in Arkansas. I have e-mailed him URLs to this board, silentlambs.com, and a few of the recent Internet news articles. Here is his web page: http://www.920karn.com/30587 I am not affiliated with the radio station, I’m simply trying to get the word out.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

BTTT and welcome safe

• Will Power
    Will Power

Any other info?
    Will there be a guest?
    Will the guest be JR brown or someone like him?
    Will there be 2 sides presented?
    if so, Will the 2 sides be 2 different sides?

• Safe
    Safe

I do not know who the guests will be, if any. I have not discussed any program details with the talk show host. I suggested the topic and gave him some places to research. That is all the information I have.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hi Safe

Thanks for the info and welcome to the board.

Dana

P.S. For any who may be wondering, this is not a new nick by me; if I were going to choose one it would be more along the lines of "SafeNoMore"

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

silentlambs will be there....

• Mac
    Mac

I was suprised to see Dave Elswick's name mentioned in this post. He was my next door neighbor when I was a child living in Hammond, IN. He and I were the publishers of "The Chesterfield Press", a neighborhood newspaper of which he was the head writer and I the art director/cartoonist. This venerable publication had a distribution of over 6 people (seven to be exact) and lasted three issues after my mother grew weary of typing each and every copy. This was around 1963 when I was seven and Davey was ten. I was aware of the fact that Dave had gone into broadcasting, but did not know where he was currently working. I'm going to try to contact him by E-mail tonight as my schedule will not allow me to try to contact him at the station tomorrow. I'll relate to him my knowledge of how a child molestor was dealt with in my congregation when I was still active. (Parents of victims told not to go to authorities, congregation would handle the matter, father and uncle of molestor were elders, etc..)

• blondie
    blondie

bttt

• Safe
    Safe

Bill is being interviewed on the program now, and phone calls will be coming in shortly. If you are able and would like to call use the numbers above.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

If someone was able to tape the show off the air I'll be happy to convert the tape to an mp3 audio file.

I can work from either a standard audio tape cassette or a vhs video tape (using vhs video tape gives you six hours on one side).

My email is open.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit