• ChiChiMama
    ChiChiMama

Simon,
    Why can't I get these links to work?

Here's the humorus article.

Prince: The Rainbow Children

By RUSSELL BAILLIE
    (Herald rating: * * )

It's the "controversial new album" according to the coversticker. Which means this is the artist formerly better-known as Prince's first offering since his apparent conversion as a Jehovah's Witness.

On offer is quite an excruciating jazz-rock sermon that lyrically has one hand on the bible and one on the boudoir dimmer knob. That's when he's not adding Darth Vader-ish voice-overs to the beginning of the 14 tracks listed as "chapters".

Occasionally, it gets fired up and funky - as on the epic gospel-funk'n'rock workouts of The Work Part 1 and The Everlasting Now, the uncomplicated romantic ballad She Loves Me 4 Me and the crisp Prince-pop of 1+1+1 is 3 (attention K'Lee).

Those tracks might be just the thing to turn up loud when the nice folks come-a-knocking at the door, but the excruciating, unwieldy balance suggests this album might be a fair swap for one of their pamphlets.

Label: Shock

ChiChi

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

nice write-up!!!!!!
    I wonder if he's been emailed a news-release?

"Rainbow Children"......might be bad timing for old Princie, baby, or whatever the hell he goes by now......

• ChiChiMama
    ChiChiMama

I don't know but the sad fact is that since he has been accused of child molestation himself he probably would feel more sorry for WT than for the victims.

ChiChi

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

do ya think that all abusive type people will remain loyal to the WT ORG and then eventually turn on each other -- just a thought !!!

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Chi Chi, your link works!!!!

C

When the pain of being where we are, becomes greater than our fear of letting go...we will risk and heal and grow.

• DB
    DB

Not that record sales mean a whole lot, but Prince hasn't sold a thing since Purple Rain (or shortly thereafter) anyway. He's basically irrelevant with regard to the music scene.

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

well, the fans at amazon seem to love it ... plus, if you are desperately sad, you can listen to some of the music from the album here :- http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005RFQ5/ref=ase_auguststrindberg/103-5728810-8788657

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit