scarcity and the watchtower bible and tract society

by hoser 8 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

scarcity value is the economic factor that increases an items relative price based upon it's relatively low supply.

Toy mAkers and the apple corporation are masters at using this marketing tool. Create artificial shortages of a toy before Christmas or the latest iPad and consumers will physically fight over these products and pay what ever the asking price is just to get their hands on it. Miraculously soon after Christmas the store shelves are packed with the same product for a fraction of the cost.

These companies are playing the rarity or scarcity game to increase their bottom line.

does not the watchtower society play the same game ?

last year when we had no bibles for placement and none for replacement for our own use, was this not a use of scarcity to create more value for attending the annual meeting?

when the circuit overseer used to meet with both the regular and auxiallury (sic) pioneers for the first part of their meeting then only the regular pioneers for The second part, this too was a use of scarcity to increase the value of being a regular pioneer

Now for the facts. the watchtower society claims to teach the truth from the bible, claims the the end could come at any minute now and that the only way to survive jehovahs wrath is by getting baptized as a jw and to preach and spread this urgent message to others so that they may be saved. that being the case why withhold life saving bibles in a warehouse just for a marketing opportunity? Why restrict the special meeting with the pioneers to their own ranks and not share this important information with the entire congregation?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Excellent questions!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

If you build it (but only invite a few) more will want to come.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I don't think they are quite that smart.

• subytrek
    subytrek

Yeah, and it only works the first couple of times. I noticed that there aren't that many that auxiliary pioneer during the month of the COs visit anymore since they found out the meeting is just a waste of time.

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

I asked an elder about the restrictions of pioneer and special pioneer meetings. He said the information they receive there is the same information we receive at meetings essentially. He compared it to a group of runners. Someone running a marathon. Everyone will run at a different pace and those that run harder will need more training. The pioneer meetings are there just as extra training to help those running more vigorously and want to push themselves harder.

• hoser
    hoser

Shameless bump

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

I wonder if they even know why they are doing these things anymore?

The extra training is probably just ritual at this point.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

LostGeneration - "I don't think they are quite that smart."

Policy decisions are made as a reaction to a percieved threat, or to support the Org's survival in the near-term.

Intelligence (or the lack thereof) actually has little to do with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit