my letter to my JW brothers

by never a jw 4 Replies latest jw friends

• never a jw
    never a jw

I know, it's in Spanish. I need to test your skills with a foreign language. It's very late now. I will make time later tomorrow to translate. Spanish speaker give me your opinion. I am not a JW. My brothers are hard core, but not so stupid as to not be troubled by the letter.

Queridos hermanos,

He decidido escribir esta carta principalmente para advocar por el bienestar de los jóvenes, especialmente aquellos más cercanos a nosotros, nuestros hijos y sobrinos.

Como ustedes saben, inmediatemente después de que mi hija Cristina me pidió permiso para bautizarse como Testigo de Jehová, yo decidí aprender todo lo más posible acerca de su religión. Mis investigaciones me han llevado a aprender acerca de un gran número de temas muy interesantes tales como historia, religión, astronomía, sicología y arqueología. Además, he aprendido con gran detalle la historia y doctrinas de los Testigos. Durante mi búsqueda también me pude dar cuenta de la facilidad con la cual uno obtiene acceso a todo tipo de información que no hubiera sido posible 15 o 20 años atrás. Ciertamente, los medios de comunicación han cambiado de una manera vertiginosa en años recientes.

Aún cuando los temas que he aprendido son diversos, todos ellos se relacionan de una manera directa o indirecta con su religión. Las conclusiones de mis investigaciones pueden resumirse en pocas palabras: “La Verdad” no ha hecho honor a su nombre; “La Verdad” es el nombre equivocado. Miles de personas alrededor del mundo han decidido abandonarla porque han descubierto engaño y manipulación detrás del velo de armonía social y moralidad ejemplar de sus miembros. Miles más pretenden aceptarla porque temen perder el lazo social con sus familiares y amigos si revelan sus verdaderos sentimientos. Los líderes de “la Verdad” son implacables contra cualquiera que se atreva a cuestionar su autoridad. Ellos han abusado de esta autoridad al sacrificar miles de vidas inocentes y torturar sicologicamente a cientos de miles más.

Se requieren volúmenes para explicar y corroborar el párrafo anterior. De hecho, ya se han escrito y se siguen escribiendo docenas de libros, los cuales ustedes rehusan leer porque los autores son descritos por la Sociedad usando los adjetivos mas vitriólicos y calumniosos, pero nunca ofreciendo un argumento válido para defenderse de la crítica objetiva de muchos de estos llamados “apóstatas”. No se preocupen, no dejen de leer, yo no voy a dar detalles del argumento persuasivo y veraz de aquellos que han decidido combatir “la Verdad”. Tampoco voy hacerles preguntas difíciles, no tiene caso. Cada vez que lo hago obtengo una respuesta evasiva, silencio, o respuestas que ni siquiera corresponden a la pregunta. Ustedes deciden cuando quieren empezar su investigación, si es que un día lo quieren hacer.

Gracias a los medios modernos de comunicación, la verdad acerca de “La verdad” se esta difundiendo de manera rápida y efectiva. El haberla conocido me ha llevado a la decisión de ayudar a proteger y defender a los más inocentes y vulnerables, los jóvenes y niños Testigos. Nunca olvidaré el ver a "disfellowshipped daughter of an elder who has not been back in more than 10 years" partir del salón del reino antes de la conclusión de la reunión para poder evitar el ostracismo cruel y humillante al cual se somete a todos aquellos jóvenes que han hecho precisamente lo que sus mismos padres se sienten orgullosos de haber hecho, abandonar la religion que se les inculcó de niños. Literalmente “que poca madre”, “que poco padre”. Que acto tan vergonzoso que supuestos cristianos traten a sus propios hijos de la manera más cruel permitida por las leyes humanas. Sin embargo, no los puedo culpar porque estos padres también son víctimas de un liderazgo arrogante, engañador y manipulador.

A lo largo de los últimos dos años también he llegado a comprender que abandonar “la Verdad” es muy difícil para muchos. De hecho, es común darse cuenta de gente que mentalmente está fuera, pero físicamente están dentro de la organización. Ustedes podrían justificadamente ser parte de este grupo que piensa que “no tiene a donde ir”. Son muchos años de un estilo de vida que les ha brindado felicidad y armonía, así como una red extensa de amigos que sinceramente los quieren. Lo entiendo, pero espero que por lo menos lleguen a comprender que al igual que ustedes tuvieron libertad para cambiar de creencias, así también ustedes ofrezcan esta libertad a sus hijos y mis hijos sin recurrir a la manipulación emocional y ostracismo si un día ellos toman esa decisión.

Espero que hayan podido soportar mi lenguaje severo acerca de su religión. Tienen que admitir que el lenguaje que la Sociedad ha usado ya por cien años para referirse a los no-Testigos es mucho peor. En otro tiempo este lenguaje vitriólico de la Sociedad me divertía, ahora me enfurece.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Not sure how accurate this is, but using Google Translate it comes out like this:

Dear friends,

I decided to write this letter to advocar mainly for the welfare of young people, especially those closest to us, our children and nephews.

As you know, immediately after my daughter Cristina asked permission to be baptized as a Jehovah's Witness, I decided to learn everything possible about their religion . My research has led me to learn about many interesting topics such as history , religion , astronomy , psychology and archeology. Also, I learned in great detail the history and doctrines of the Witnesses. During my search I could also account for the ease with which one gains access to all kinds of information that would not have been possible 15 or 20 years ago . Certainly , the media have changed in a dizzying in recent years.

Although the issues I've learned are diverse , they all relate directly or indirectly to their religion. The findings of my research can be summarized in a few words : "The Truth" has not lived up to its name , "The Truth " is the wrong name. Thousands of people around the world have decided to leave because they have discovered deception and manipulation behind the veil of social harmony and exemplary morality of its members . Miles intended to accept because they fear losing social ties with family and friends if they reveal their true feelings. The leaders of "the Truth" are relentless against anyone who dares to question their authority. They have abused this authority to sacrifice thousands of innocent lives and psychologically torturing hundreds of thousands more.

Volumes are required to explain and corroborate the previous paragraph. In fact, already been written and continue to write dozens of books , which you refuse to read because the authors are described by the Company using the most vitriolic and slanderous adjectives, but never offering a valid argument to defend objective criticism of many of these so called " apostates" . Do not worry, do not stop reading , I will not give details of the persuasive and truthful of those who have decided to fight "the Truth" argument. Neither will make them tough questions , has no case. Every time I do I get an evasive answer , silence, or even answers that correspond to the question. You decide when you want to start your research , if one day I want to do.

Thanks to modern media, the truth about " the truth" is spreading quickly and effectively. The known having led me to the decision to help protect and defend the most innocent and vulnerable , young people and children Witnesses. I'll never forget seeing " disfellowshipped daughter of an elder who has not been back in more than 10 years" from the kingdom hall before the conclusion of the meeting to avoid the cruel and humiliating ostracism which is subjected to all those young they have done precisely what their own parents are proud of having done , leave the religion that was instilled in children. Literally " that little mother", " little father." How shameful act alleged Christians treat their own children in the most cruel manner allowed by human laws . But can not blame them because these parents are also victims of an arrogant leadership, deceitful and manipulative.

Over the past two years I have also come to understand that leave "the Truth" is very difficult for many. In fact , it is common to notice people who are mentally off , but are physically within the organization . You could justifiably be part of this group think "has to go" . Many years of a lifestyle that has brought them happiness and harmony , as well as an extensive network of friends who sincerely want. I understand, but I hope you at least come to understand that just as you were free to change their beliefs , so you offer this freedom to their children and children without resorting to emotional manipulation and ostracism if one day they take that decision.

I hope you have been able to bear my harsh language about their religion . They have to admit that the language used by the Company and for a hundred years to refer to non - Witnesses is much worse. At one time this vitriolic language of the Company amused me , now infuriated me .

• zebagain
    zebagain

Q.E.D.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Translation is very good but requires a few adjustments. I will do it tomorrow. Thanks. i think I will just create a new thread.

• SAHS
    SAHS

Maybe there should be just a couple of links at the bottom of the letter to Web sites such as http://www.jwfacts.com/ or http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk in the hopes that perhaps someone might make a mental note to check those sites sometime when they are alone. It’s always worth it to plant such references, as they would have a lot of effect if someone actually checked and saw them for themselves. Just look how effective and eye-opening such sites have been on ourselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit