How do they get away with it as a charitable organization

by joe134cd 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I was just reading a post, on the strong arm tactics used by the WTBTS to glit it's members into complying with the recommended Motels. As hard as I find it to believe, it astounds me that they would put their hunchoes outside a none recommended Motel, to take the names of those that wouldn't comply, to be harassed later on. When I think of the other money making ventures they have got going (e.g RBC refurbishments, misleading comments about convention costs). My question is purely from a charitable organization point of view of how do the legally get away with it. I would say using strong arm tactics to force members into a money making venture, would at least be seen as questionable from a tax point of view. There is no doubt about it they are trying to make a profit. Or would this perhaps be viewed like the rotary sausage sizzle, where the idea of it is to make money but it's for a good and charitable cause. Answers please.

• prologos
    prologos

I read here that they do it, by displaying to the authorities the tabulation of the MONTHLY TIME REPORT of the charitable field 'service' done by the recruits.

• WhoYourDaddy
    WhoYourDaddy

RE: 'Monthly service report'...... That kind of nonsense just makes me scratch my head.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Thanks prologos & whoyourdaddy=But surly the IRS would come in and do audits on them. I mean hell or the IRS would have to do would look on here to get an ids of what is going on. That strong arming the approved motels is almost extortion.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I want to know how they can get away being a "charitable" organisation, when they practice disfellowshipping and shunning. That is NOT "charitable" behaviour in my book. Just saying....

• James Brown
    James Brown

Amerika is a capitalistic country.

Business comes first.

The USA operates on the principal "Let the buyer beware."

Charities and religions are big business.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit