Ex-jws embracing 'apostate' like blacks embrace nig$$$

by EndofMysteries 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Do you agree? As a JW 'apostate' was the absolute worst name somebody could be called. They can never be forgiven, etc. It's a degrogatory and hate name for those who leave JW's, yet many enjoy calling themselves that. I am kind of thinking the psychology on that is similar to how many blacks have taken a degrogatory name to them and say it among each other.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Apostate isn't derogatory. The WT just made it that way. Apostate and mentally diseased don't even appear together in the bible. Plus most Christian relirions consider JWs apostates becasue they don't acccept the Trinity. It's just pot calling kettle black and a sily word. The n-word is entirely different thing.

• valkyrie
  • Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Apostate & Ex-Jehovalarious Meme Collection
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/JWmeme/

• WhoYourDaddy
    WhoYourDaddy

"Mentally diseased apostate."

Awesome.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The WT have dropoped "mentally diseased" from their Revised NWT, and I hope from their vocabulary.

As said above, the N word is very different anyway, it was used by the many in the general population as a nasty, racist word, and everybody knew what the thinking was behind its use.

A word misused and distorted by a small insignificant little cult like the WT has no impact in the real world. Its fine to use it here , in a jokey way, for ourselves, we all know the history of the word as far as the WT is concerned, and understand their usage to be as nasty as Racist slurrs.

When labelling myself for the benefit of the normal outside world, I would use something like " I am a Cult Survivor."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit