Children

by peggy 6 Replies latest jw friends

• peggy
    peggy

Instagram~a picture of my 5 year old grandson. It haunts me. He stands proudly on a Saturday morning with his new and first book bag. Instagram allows comments. "he is making Jehovah proud". "adorable". "he looks like such a little man". UGH!!!! He is a little boy! He is being recruited to be a full fledged JW. His life from this point on is out of his hands. He will need to stay active under the guidance of his parents as DIRECTED by an ORGANIZATION! I weep! Peg

• KateWild
    KateWild

Oh dear peggy,

To watch a five year old being recruited into a cult must be heartbreaking, especially that it's out of your control. His parents though are likely only doing what they think is best. Most parents love their children dearly and want them to be happy.

I hope you can enjoy him doing non-WT activities. Kate xx

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Peggy I'm so sorry I weep for you. There's still hope, lots of born-ins leave.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Pin the quote from the 1968 Awake about NEVER growing old in this system...

DD

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

So Sad - I feel for you

• peggy
    peggy

I raised my three children doing the same thing every Saturday. Of my three, two are out! My daughter no doubt thinks she is doing the right thing. She is liberal in so many areas. Even to the point of not shunning me, her apostate mother, or her siblings. Still...I cringe when I see this little boy slaving for the Org.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Even to the point of not shunning-peggy

That is great news, I am so glad she is not shuniing. Your young grandson will pick up a lot from her example, and see that shunning is cruel and achieves nothing. Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit