Shameless self-promotion...

by rory-ks 6 Replies latest jw friends

• rory-ks
    rory-ks

I was hoping that there would be some discreet corner of this forum where members could post about their own little ventures - but there is none, so I'll just go down the route of brash, shameless self-promotion.

After the leaking of the judicial committee videos, which had a (some word I can't think of just yet) effect on me, and in the spirit of Jeni Lundblom–Valdez's article over at aawa.co, Ex-JWs: Stop Respecting the Watchtower’s Wishes, I have decided to start my own blog, The Carpenter's Arms. The reason for the name will become apparent.

There is not much going on there at the moment - the doors have only just been thrown open - but feel free to come over and say hello.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks Rory. I was only thinking the other day how I missed the old British Pub atmosphere of chatting over a pint or two of ale, in a comfortable warm friendly place, no heavy or acrimonious debating, just chewing the fat and realxing with friends.

The "Carpenters Arms", (clever name), may well become that kind of place, I hope so, good luck !

• clarity
    clarity

Hi Rory .... good for you. I don't have a clue how to

put together this sort of thing but I wish you success in

your venture. I hope it fullfills all that you dream it will,

and helps many people.

clarity

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Sounds a splendid idea.

Best of British luck to you.

• SAHS
    SAHS

Great site, Rory! I just posted a comment on “Carpenter’s Arms.”

Us XJWs and fading JWs need a safe and friendly place where we can just get together to compare battle scars and reaffirm that we are certainly not alone. All of us have been hurt in one way or another by the Watchtower corporation’s disingenuous and aggressive proselytizing machine. Such a safe and friendly retreat is like a welcome breath of fresh air. I wish you all the best. Let’s get the party started, so to speak.

• rory-ks
    rory-ks

Thank you very much for your encouragement.

I did get your comment, SAHS - it's up there now. Thank you.

• rory-ks
    rory-ks

It is not just a rehash of old material. There are a couple of new articles:

On the futility of writing to the Governing Body

Brief exchange with a circuit overseer

And an updated article, re-edited to reflect recent changes:

Occupy Jehovah's Witnesses: When the 0.1% are the 99.9%

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit