JW encounters.... How about you?

by dazed but not confused 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Looking back, were there witnesses that you secretly hoped would never learn TTATT, never wake up?

I had two polar opposite encounters this weekend. The first was a sweet sister that saw me and my wife at the grocery store and gave us both big hugs and asked how we were doing. I always like her and her husband. They had kids a few years younger than us. We would hang out a lot at get-to-gathers. They also moved out of the hall shortly before my exit because of the colossal douches that ran the hall.

The other was a guy, an elder who was appointed a few months before I left. He was the type that was friendly out of compulsion. His wife was really cool and got along with everyone. This is the third encounter I’ve had with him since leaving. He’s the big, dopy douchie type. I think being appointed really went to his head. The other elders I have encountered since leaving are at the very least cordial. Not this one.

Anyways, I was just curious if there were any of you out there who secretly wished “some” would never wake up and deserved to be brainwashed in the cult? Or is it something you wouldn't "wish on your worst enemy"?

• 4thgen
    4thgen

The only person I would wish never finds out ttatt is my mother. She is very old and I believe if she found out she would die of a broken beart.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Ditto to 4thGen, word for word.

Another couple I know, who trgically lost a very young child, they simply live for the Resurrection hope. They need that hope, false though it may be. I hope they never learn TTATT.

I am ambivalent about most others, if an opportunity arises to give them a glimpse of TTATT I do so, but basically my attitude is, it is easy enough to blow down the whole House of Cards that is W.T teaching etc, and if they don't want to, let 'em rot in it.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Me to!

My wife who has been a JW since she were 20 (now 65), had a very sad and crushed childhood with no father in sight. I have tried to fill that part of her wishes, but now she finds that I am an apostaph. I dont wont to crush her illusions about the WBTS, becouse I think, this is the last illusions she need to survive. It is better for her to continue being in, with all her friends, and slightly seeing "new light" coming from GB, without me writing it on her nose.

Bugbear

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I know a person who would probably be dangerous if they were not a believing JW. They've made many comments over the years about things they would do and have done if they were not a JW. (homicidal) Add to the fact how their JW decisions have made their life extremely hard, his JW beliefs may be keeping the beast caged.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

It would crush my mom to learn TTATT. Her whole world is JW. She would be lost. At 62 after coming into the cult in 1974, she would have a lot of difficulty making new friends. A bit antisocial.

What I meant in the OP was a bit selfish. People you don’t really like and would not want to learn TTATT to spite them. I was in a bit of a snotty mood when I wrote the OP.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

EOM - That sounds like someone who I would not want to learn TTATT.

• GonzoX
    GonzoX

I would have to say my sister and brother-in-law. Knowing how they are they would give the exJW community a bad name. They are the perfect JWs. They're rude, they shun my JW parents and half of the witnesses at the former halls they've attended. Really they are the perfect JWs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit