March 1st 2014 Days Text

by Conchappie 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Conchappie
    Conchappie

Become imitators of God.​—Eph. 5:1.

One way to imitate Jehovah is to adopt his viewpoint regarding matters. Jehovah hates sin, and so should we. Indeed, we ought to move as far away from wrongdoing as possible and not see how close we can get to it without being overcome by sin. For instance, we need to guard against succumbing to apostasy, a sin that would make us unfit to glorify God. (Deut. 13:6-9) Let us therefore have nothing to do with apostates or anyone who claims to be a brother but who is dishonoring God. This should be the case even if he is a family member. (1 Cor. 5:11) We are not benefited by trying to refute the arguments of apostates or those who are critical of Jehovah’s organization. In fact, it is spiritually dangerous and improper to peruse their information, whether it appears in written form or it is found on the Internet.​—Isa. 5:20; Matt. 7:6. w12 5/15 4:12, 13

• Conchappie
    Conchappie

Guess that includes this site :/. Lol

• alanv
    alanv

I love the way they say dont try and refute the arguements of apostates. For the very simple reason they will never win an arguement because they cannot defend what the organnisation has done and is doing now.

• clarity
    clarity

Conchappie .... it was discussed yesterday......sorry.

Looking forward to hearing your story ... welcome

to jwn ...... weekends tend to be a little slow ... keep

posting OK !

clarity

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Here's the real reason WT doesn't like to be questioned:

"Every man should be persuaded in his own mind and no man should permit himself to be deterred from examining a question based upon the Bible because a clergyman or any one else makes the unsupported assertion that it is dangerous or unworthy of consideration. Error always seeks the dark, while truth is always enhanced by the light. Error never desires to be investigated. Light always courts a thorough and complete investigation. - "Millions Now Living Will Never Die", page 18.

"But the question is, Are you willing to put your religion through such a test? There is nothing to fear, because if you have the right religion you can only be reassured by the examination." -- W 5-1-58, p.261

• prologos
    prologos

ADCMS: good quote: "-- truth is always enhanced by the light--" contrary to wt belief, their 'truth' is NOT enhanced by their Nu-lite, it just shows how wrong they were in the past.

In their I*vory tower, they like to be above, immune from questioning and accountability. * I for I-dol egos.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Become imitators of God.​—Eph. 5:1.

So , are they recommending we engage in genocide of people that are gay and lesbian as he did with Sodom and Gommorah even though by all accounts of probability not every man woman and child that was destroyed would have been gay.

Exodus 15:3 Jehovah is a manly person of war.....

1 Sam 2:6a Jehovah is a killer.....

Mal.3:6 For I am Jehovah I have not changed ....

Do the really mean we should become imitators of him ?

smiddy

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

And that is the problem with WT they neglect to understand God's grace! They do not get it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Anyone that is critical of the organization? That part is what makes them so dangerous. You need to review teachings--to be the truth, they both need to fit their book (if they claim to abide by it) and the book itself needs to be valid. (Obviously, if you do not claim to follow that book, that part does not apply). The jokehovians claim to adhere to scriptures. Yet, they expect everyone to abide by and teach doctrines that conflict with this same book, even if they can prove such doctrines wrong using their own book, until the leaders themselves fix it. To me, that is not the hallmark of an organization or religion that is truth seeking, regardless of whether the book is valid or a rotten book of witchcraft against mankind written for our damnation.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A little bit of context to that day's text :

Eph 4 .32 - 5.2

But become kind to one another, tenderly compassionate, freely forgiving one another just as God also by Christ freely forgave you.
    5 Therefore, become imitators of God, as beloved children, 2 and go on walking in love, just as the Christ also loved YOU and delivered himself up for you as an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling odor.

Funny how they manage to turn a passage of scripture that is about love, forgiveness, kindness etc. into a comment brimming with hate and disdain for those of a differing viewpoint.??

When I used to conduct Field Ministry meets and discuss the text, I used to try and focus on the scripture bit - but the dubs never seemed to recognize which bit was God's and what was from the Wt....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit