How can we benefit from the death of Jesus?

by Bugbear 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

According to many Christian churches including WBTC, the very cores of Christian believes, is about how God (Jehova) sacrifice his one borne son, so that every obedient mankind who believe in him could be released from sin and thereby have the hope of eternal life. The Bible is full of scriptures given this indication. (Gal. 4:4 1th Tim. 3:16 John 14:30 a.s.f)

So a Father (in heavens) sends his firstborn son down to earth, to sacrifice his perfect soul and body so that all mankind could be forgiven and have a better life.

What happened? Jesus did not become older than 33-35 years of age before those people in the time, killed him, tortured him, and humiliated him. Spit on him. His own followers didn´t try to protect him. And finally the Roman soldiers put him on a stake (cross) between two thieves/robbers, to die a very painful death.

Now when he was death, all humans who believed in him, was in a very much better position towards God. Their sins were forgiven and they had the prospect of everlasting life in the heavens or on earth.

Where is the logic! How can humans benefit from the very tragically death of the son of God? How can we be excused for killing a relatively young men in this way?

If I were God I should become furious, and let my angels cast burning stones and sulfur on the entire earth. I should extinguish every trace of the human race, since they obviously (proven) were very bad creatures.

Can anyone help me understand the Ethical, moral and Philosophical aspect of this problem?

Bugbear

• Honesty
    Honesty

As long as Adam and Eve were obedient and did not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, they had access to the tree of life.
    Once they sinned, they were driven from the Garden, and God placed an angel with a flaming sword to guard the tree of life so they would no longer have access to it.
    Eternal life was now no longer theirs.
    Just as God had warned, they died, and through Adam all men after him would die (Romans 5:12).

By blocking access to the tree of life, God showed compassion in His omniscience. Knowing that because of sin, life would be filled with sorrow and toil, He graciously limited the number of years men would live.
    To live eternally in a sinful state with its results—pain, disease, heartache, toil, and grief—would mean endless agony for humanity, with no hope of the relief that comes with death.

By limiting our lifespan, God gives us enough time to come to know Him and His provision for eternal life through Christ, but spares us the misery of an endless existence in a sinful condition.

Through one man, Adam, sin entered the world, but through another Man, Jesus Christ, redemption through the forgiveness of sin is available to all (Romans 5:17).
    Everyone who avails themselves of the sacrifice of Christ on the cross will see the tree of life again, for it stands in the middle of the Holy City, the New Jerusalem.
    Its water is the constant flow of everlasting life from God’s throne to God’s people...

I also saw the Holy City, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared like a bride adorned for her husband.
    Revelation 21:2

Then he showed me the river of living water, sparkling like crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the broad street [of the city]. On both sides of the river was the tree of life bearing 12 kinds of fruit, producing its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree are for healing the nations
    Revelation 22:1-2

• Laika
    Laika

If I were God I should become furious, and let my angels cast burning stones and sulfur on the entire earth. I should extinguish every trace of the human race, since they obviously (proven) were very bad creatures

Then thank god you're not god?

• designs
    designs

There are sevral theories to pick from that attempt to explain the Cruxifiction- penal restitution, satisfaction, moral, Ransom, victory.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Laika!

I am glad that I am not god. But the very god in the old testament, gives us numerous exampel of that he certainly is capaple of throwing firestones and sulphur over humans that dont behave in the very way he wants them. He is killing assyrian soldier, destroy Sodom and Gommorra, killing millions of people in the flood. Given us pestilence, deases, eruptions, a.s.f. Maybee I would prefer a little less brutal God.

Bugbear

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Honesty!

You say : By limiting our lifespan, God gives us enough time to come to know Him and His provision for eternal.

Is the lifespan enough for all those children who dies before they can attend a school? Or is the lifespan enough for all those people, who just happends to be borned in China, Korea and all these countries who have never heard of Jesus?

Bugbear

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Is something really a sacrafice ... If you get it back within 3 years (of men... For god according to scripture it is only seconds)?

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

De Wandelar!

Is something really a sacrifice if you take your life back within 3 days?

I have had that thought myself for a couple of years now. Does God play charades with us?

What a malignant God we have created in our minds. A God that demanded the Israelits to sacrifice every week, only the best they had, out of sheeps, bulls, birds a.s.on. A god that made Abraham must proof that he was ready to kill his own son. A God that demands stoning of people that are suspected of adultery.?!

I hope that (and is quite sure) he is only a brain product. Unfortunately if you look at other ancient people, they have similar gods, demanding ascetism, and other sacrifices.

Bugbear

• Laika
    Laika

Bugbear!

Considering a few hours ago you thought god should have destroyed the whole earth for killing his son, I find it odd that you now want a god less brutal then the one who destroyed a few cities.

You won't find a much less brutal god then this one:

'Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing'

Now there's a guy I want to trust my eternal destiny too.

• cofty
    cofty

'Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing'

That is the Jesus of mythology. The oldest gospel is Mark's where Jesus dies as a traumatised, dumbstruck victim of violence.

“Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?”

The eloquent Jesus of Matthew who preaches all the way to this last breath is a caracature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit