Topic of Beauty

by Defianttruth 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Defianttruth
    Defianttruth

I have always wanted to travel to Rio for Carnival. This morining I was reading an editorial on Carnival that showed pictures of this years events. Wow Beautiful. I remember being raised as a JW and being told about the dangers of modesty. First off, I think Brazilian women are some of the most beautiful women in the world. It is funny. I can look at this pictures and guess what? I feel no need to have sex with anyone. I didn't lose control of myself. It makes me think about the well being of a person who can not look at a true art form and not destingiush the difference between sexuallity and beauty. Are JW's so messed up they can't see the difference. Makes me think that this religion brings in pervs by the basket fulls so people can feel safe against emotions they can not control. It's like looking at a greek statue. It's not sexual. It's art. That is atleast my humble opinion.

Also, what's up with the worlds thing with tiny women who look like teenagers. I am a man not a boy. I think a woman should look like a woman not a child. Do a google search for "beautiful American woman" and you get pictures of under devoloped way too skinny GIRLS. Do a google search of "beautiful Brazilian women" and watch out dangerous curves ahead. I think this is truly sick. Why do we as Americans sexualize a body image that is child like? Think about it. We have a whole generation of men who think women should look like teenagers, and a whole generation of women who try to look like something they are not supposed to look like. How many times have you heard a woman complain about her body. You look at her and think, "No, your beautiful. You don't look like a teenager anymore because you're not, but that's not a bad thing".

Sorry for being Random it's what happens when I have free time.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hmmmm. Well I went to Brazil once. I appreciated the art, but I also had my way with it (zing!). Brazil has a VERY sexual culture, it was almost shocking at times.

I think the normal everyday guy, likes a woman with some curves. The skinny model look are basically for magazines and to sell things we don't need.

• metatron
    metatron

Look like teenagers? Huh?

It's more like looking like boys - thin, flat-chested, etc. I got nothin' against gays - as long as they aren't telling the rest of us what looks good in the opposing gender.

I sometimes fantasize that Victoria's Secret has a sign out front similar to rides at DisneyWorld except it sez "you must be this wide to shop here".

IMHO, being distinctly female involves having a reasonable amount of body fat, appropriately distributed. Not like being a heroin addict.

metatron

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Lot's of plain ordinary folks in Brazil and lots of inexpensive plastic surgery there too. Hot weather, minimal clothing required and an uninhibited culture makes it easy to spot the ones who stand out in the crowd, looks wise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit