Governing Body meetings

by JWOP 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWOP
    JWOP

Johannes Greber's book "Communication With the Spirit Word of God -- It's Laws and Purpose" states that, in order to seek God's truth one must cummunicate with the spirit world on a regular basis. According to the Governing Body, they get their teachings from those who have died and been resurrected to heaven (The Watchtower, Jan. 1, 2007, p.28, para.11). Also, it was published that the GB meets on a regular basis, every Wednesday (The Watchtower, May 15, 2008, p.29). The Greber books states that is is best to meet at 8 o'clock in the evening..... so I'm wondering if anyone happens to know at what time the weekly GB meetings are generally held?

• KateWild
    KateWild

I would say it's during business hours, but I have no evidence. I am sure it's 8pm somewhere in the world though even if it's not at HQ. Kate xx

• JWOP
    JWOP

Yeah, it's 8 o'clock somewhere, isn't it, LOL!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

They boast about channeling the latest updates from the beyond, so evidently it would be during their meetings as a composite body that they would channel the spirit direction. The only uncertain thing is the method they use. Is it automatic writing? A seance? Table rapping? Ectoplasm?

The Watchtower Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses channel spirit guidance and direction.

The Watchtower Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses channel spirit guidance and direction.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

They meet on Wednesdays. What time of day, I do not know. But Wednesdays for sure. That's what was told to use at our elders school a couple of years back and repeated by our C.O., then service overseer.

• Glitch
    Glitch

BTT

• Fulano2
    Fulano2

Yes on wednessdays...they always smelled of wine and beer.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

kurtbethel - "...evidently it would be during their meetings as a composite body that they would channel the spirit direction."

Kinda like how the kids summoned Captain Planet, huh?

• Heaven
    Heaven

According to the Governing Body, they get their teachings from those who have died and been resurrected to heaven

This sounds strangely like spiritism, occultism to me.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Wednesdays at 8:00 a.m. after morning worship (07:00:00a.m.) and breakfast.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit