Armageddon in 1975 - 'probability' or 'possibility'?

by siloam 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• siloam
    siloam

Hello everyone!

My name is Marek and I come from Poland. I would like to give you a critical analysis of Jehovah's Winesses teaching about Armageddon in 1975:

http://www.piotrandryszczak.pl/Armageddon_in_1975_probability_or_possibility.html

Website was created with author's permission (Włodzimierz Bednarski).

The book is freely available to download from the website above, but if you consider worth to support the author you can buy the book here: Armageddon in 1975 - 'probability' or 'possibility'?

From the Translator

The following work was published in a book form and attracted great interest of Polish readers. That is why we deliver it also in English version. Because of that it was conformed to Jehovah's Witnesses' literature published in the United States. However, in several cases the author retained quotations from Polish publications of the Watch Tower Society (translated into English), when texts did not have their English counterparts (it applies to the newsletter Kingdom Service). It should be noted that the work was enriched with several issues and quotations which did not appear in Polish printed book.

Moreover, it is one of rare publications embracing thoroughly one of crucial issues connected with Jehovah's Witnesses. The material is a very wide archive of texts pertaining to the year 1975 and helpful discussion of the quotations. Wlodzimierz Bednarski plans to publish similar works in a book form, concerning "generation 1914" and year 1925. He is the author of two books and about 200 articles concerning Jehovah's Witnesses. In his publications he presents changes of the Watchtower doctrines, confronts them with the Bible and with early Christian writings. He is esteemed as the greatest Polish expert in the area of Jehovah's Witnesses' doctrine, history and practices.

The present translator was a Witness for 18 years and an elder in Jehovah's Witnesses congregation for 14 years. I am also involved in the ministry reaching Jehovah's Witnesses to Christ. Although I have some experience in that area, I was positively impressed by the work of Mr. Bednarski and I gained much understanding of the 1975 issue from the following pages. I do not know of any other work which is such a comprehensive and logically arranged presentation of the original sources applying to 1975 prediction. I am sure that English speaking readers will be benefited by reading this work.

Szymon Piotr Matusiak

• KateWild
    KateWild

Wittam Marek,

I have been learning Polish for a few years and met lots of lovely Polish people here in the UK. Thank you for the link, we have an English website called jwfacts.com which has an article about 1975.

Are you an ex JW? If so when did you leave the WT?

Milosc Kate xx

• prologos
    prologos

Glad that wt is proven wrong, or rather exposed to be wrong in many languages.

• siloam
    siloam

You're welcome, Kate.

I am not an ex JW. I know some JWs and talk with many of them. I cooperate with people who want to help JWs and inform the others about false doctrines of Watchtower.

Take care,

Marek

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

With all the information available on the inter-net concerning the WTS./JWS , its quite obviously a commercialized

devious fraud operating around a religious publishing house.

They can say we are the only true godly worshipers all they want but the fact remains that this religion publicly lies

to people to attract attention to itself and to spur the proliferation of its own published goods....... simple conclusion.

Adding to the fact that this endeavor cultivates power and wealth to the hands of the men who are and have been the

top orchestrators of this religious publishing house.

That is the REAL "The Truth" concerning this religious institution.

• belbab
    belbab

Hello Marek, Welcome!

I would like to give you some information of my recollections of the false predictions of the year 1975. In Montreal, around the year of 1970, there was a district assembly at the horse track race course I forget the name of it. Just shortly before the public talk in the wide concourse of the place, five Jehovah's Witnesses were gathered in a group and were joyous and laughing and people going by were puzzled. I was one of those persons along with another young brother. The other three were sisters. We were discussing the Societies predictions for 1975. From a Scriptural study of the subject we were convinced that the Watch Tower was going down a false path. We made a pact that in 1975 we would meet together again and celebrate. Shortly after that, the other brother and myself were disfellowshipped after being hunted down across the country and I could never find the location of the other three, the sisters.

So WT predictions of 1975 have always been of great interest for me. So the book, Armageddon in 1975-'Probability or Possibility'caught my attention immediately. I have downloaded it on Kindle and finished reading it in one sitting. I never realized how much background information was written in the WT publications, before and after, about 1975. The book is a "keeper" that in my opinion can stand alongside with Raymond Franz's books and also the writings of Carl Olaf Jonsson. I thank you, as translator and the author for this timely expos'e of the false misleading predictions that have mislead thousands of people over the years.

PS, I would like to bring your attention to a weakness in the format of the book on kindle. In two place the text is divided into two columns with quotes from two different people compared with each other side by side. These are very difficult to read, and seem to repeat each other time after time.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Thanks Marek.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit