Visit from J-dub elders after 8 years of not attending.

by mimimimi 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

I have not been on this forum for a long time - have just been living my life out from under the Watchtower cloud and enjoying it greatly. Some dubs avert their eyes and ignore me in public. Some still speak and are friendly. I am aware that word is out and has been for a while that I do not believe in it any more. A couple of weeks ago at the grocery store I ran into a J-dub I have known since teenage years (I am 62 now) - used to be very good friends. She was friendly, spoke to me briefly - how was I? told me about her gastric bypass - that sort of thing. Then out of the clear blue sky after all these years i get a call on Saturday from two J-dub gentlemen - one I know is an elder - we have known each other since teenage years also - and I suspect the other is an elder also. I was at work and they spoke to my husband, asking for me. They left the W&A with my husband which I tore up and put in the trash. I wonder if the encounter at the grocery store led to this and what the upshot of it will be. Surely not a witch hunt after all this time.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Typically not a witch hunt after being away a long time unless you've been stirring the shit somehow or if you have an ex-spouse who is trying to re-marry. Might be from recent emphasis on re-activating inactive ones.

Hope all continues to go well for you!

Doc

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Thanks, Doc, for responding. No ex-spouses out there. My husband is a born and raised Catholic. I have kept a low profile and not stirred any shit because I still have family in and though we don't see each other much, I like to maintain good relations with them. Must just be the emphasis on reactivating inactive ones. News for them, I am waaaay beyond inactive. Life is good!!!

• steve2
    steve2

Doesn't sound like a witch hunt (although I did tell you to put that broom out of sight and in the closet, girl!). Iit sounds more like the shepherds have finally got off their butts and are seeking to find stray sheep. Be mindful that when shepherds do this it really may not be in your best interests to follow. They could be needing to take any willing stray sheep to market for sale to be slaughtered. That broom may yet come in handy. A good strong sideways swipe of that broom if the shepherds threaten to round you up may be enough to get them on their way to market without you.I

• smiddy
    smiddy

A couple of weeks ago at the grocery store I ran into a J-dub I have known since teenage years (I am 62 now) - used to be very good friends

I would bet my bottom dollar that is why you got the elders visit.Maybe they want to clear away the dead wood (no offence intended ) to protect your active old acquaintance and prove you are not a good associate . Whatever you do dont ever commit yourself.

I`m glad you are doing well away from the cult. Take care.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit