How long until the "Generation" gets Revised/Dropped?

by Lemonp 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding
    I can't wait for them to start blaming speculation about 1914 on Satan and the wicked clergy of Christendom.
  • sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2
    I always thought all they needed to do was say the generation that sees the signs in Matthew 24:29-31 would be the generation that would not pass away. They could say those are the only signs that we are waiting to see still. So we know we are close. Easy button, done.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The GB is preparing more spiritual Bullshit for the organization to swallow, stay tuned.

Yes there will come the time when the overlapping generation doctrine will have to be dropped.

1914 was a false doctrine and most academic bible scholars know that.

The WTS/JWS is an model example of amateur bible scholars creating their own theology and expressing

and propagating what they create through literature distribution.

Its really charlatanism in action.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    They have really laid the ground work and are eliminating almost all doctrine that can be scrutinized. I guess it will become a touchy feely religion with nothing but godly principles to talk about.
  • cofty
    cofty

Very interesting.

Is it possible to know when this latest version of the Insight book went online?

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Shoot finkelstein, don't ALL academic Bible scholars know 1914 is a false doctrine??

fusion T, excellent post!!! They could really pick and choose which one they like. Number 1 seems the most likely but any of those would do. Though I tend to think it would be the 'good guys' that won't pass away entirely, not the 'false religion' one.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I think this is another reason why thier pushing to get as much money as they can now. They are reinventing themselves and when it's over they know they will be a shadow of thier former selves as far as size and income.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Ironic as it is the WTS was built on ignorance lies and corruption.

It was suppose to tell of bible truths for all mankind when in reality it just created commercialized false prophecies invoked to proliferate literature, which inadvertently created power and prominence for a few self opportunistic men.

I'm with Crazyguy in thinking that the WTS is setting itself up for the long run, to keep the people there in employment, you shouldn't ever forget that the WTS is the life blood of thousands of people all over the world.

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Cofty,

I first noticed the 2015 Print Insight Book about 4-5 weeks ago when I downloaded an update to my iPhone JW App.

A curious fact is that the Copyright says "June 2015," but I'm assuming that will be because they are planning to release it at the Conventions around June.

• cofty
    cofty
    Thanks. I tend to avoid reading too much into things but I agree this looks a lot like they are losing confidence in one of their most stupid teachings in modern history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit