How long until the "Generation" gets Revised/Dropped?

by Lemonp 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lemonp
    Lemonp

If you don't already know this; the latest revision of the Insight book has no mention of the "overlapping Generation" BS Online library, Insight Book

Obviously that change will not bee seen by the vast majority of people, so when will this "brighter light" shine through in a WT or assembly talk?

Predictions?

I predict it will be soon, very soon

• prologos
    prologos
    if the posting of the 2015 "Inside Book" definition is correct, it already has been revised, the generation are only " humans" not the 'overlapping anointed' any more, as defined there.
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Do we know what was stated before the recent change in the insight book? It seems very non-descript now
  • Lemonp
    Lemonp

I understand that it has already been revised, i mean I wonder how long until this change is packaged up for the R&F to gobble down?

A small change in the insight book doesn't get through to everyone!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Just to piggyback here, often this is how 'new light' is brought out a small change here or there and then when the big shoe drops in the wt mag they point back and say "see we believed this for quiet a while now!".... That said, its not official that the generation has changed yet. Until it gets printed in a study article its not "official" as such. This is just the ground work. I hope they do it soon. That will be my excuse to be "stumbled" and cease my nominal meeting attendance once and for all ;)
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Even the people who created "overlapping generation" cannot take it seriously enough to make it an official entry in their "encyclopedia" of Watchtower doctrines.
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Wow, what a non answer:

However, he was also using the word “generation” with reference to humans whose lives would in some way be associated with the foretold events during his presence.

"In some way"??? WTF does that mean?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    However, he was also using the word “generation” with reference to humans whose lives would in some way be associated with the foretold events during his presence.—Mt 24.

Lemonparty, thanks. I can't get over the fact that these two lines are all the revised Insight book says about Jesus' presence. Not only no overlapping generations but no 1914 generation at all. I even went to the next page but that's on 'generosity'.

As you say they are sneakily dropping it, so that they can look back a couple of years from now in a Watchtower or convention and say we have said this for some time brothers.

By the way how do you know it's changed? Do you have a copy of the original?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    "In some way"??? WTF does that mean?

Today it means if they are the anointed now who were alive before the other anointed died, their lives are a measurement of how close the tribulation and Armageddon are.

Next year, it means something completely different.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I heard a rumor that next year they're dropping "2+2=5"

They're gonna give "2+2=3" a try.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit