Should I Make My Wife Watch the May Broadcast?

by TTATTelder 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

“Seats Free. No Collections”

As early as the second issue of the Watch Tower, in August 1879, Brother Russell stated: “‘Zion’s Watch Tower’ has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. When He who says: ‘All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,’ fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication.” Consistent with that, there is no begging for money in the literature of Jehovah’s Witnesses. - *** jv chap. 21 p. 340 How Is It All Financed? ***

jv = Jehovah’s Witnesses—Proclaimers of God’s Kingdom

• PhilsWager2
    PhilsWager2
    I think we are the only ones watching the JW Broadcasting Monthly worship videos, why is this so? How come JWs are spending their time doing the Netflix binge while JWs who have left the Organization are reading the magazines, books and watching those videos? My f.i.l.. have not watched not a single JW video, my JW family have not watched any JW.ORg videos, why are we the only ones watching them? What's wrong with our brains, are the JWs who preach and wear JW.ORG nothing more than hypocrites and we are the real deal?
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Should I Make My Wife Watch the May Broadcast?

......We Never Ask For Money....Send Money...
    I Pee`d Myself....It`s Warm....LOL!!..

.....Image result for JW.org broadcasting stephen lett......Image result for woman tied to chair

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

No.

Watch "Going Clear" instead.

• JeffT
    JeffT

The Watchtower's own words are what convicts them. At the time my wife and I decided to start our research, knowing it would probably lead us out of the organization, we had no outside information at all. (This was well before the internet). All we knew was that what we were hearing from the organization did not match reality.

I think a gentle "Hey, look at this, I found a video of a GB member let's watch it" sort of invitation will not raise the shields into anti-apostate mode. Then you can make some "gee, I didn't think that's what they've said in the past" comments and go look up (as suggested above) previous comments about soliciting funds.

It might add up to a real eye-opener.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Should I make my wife watch the May broad cast ! Ya that's got Jw elder written all over it. Hmm should I nail your feet to a rail road and see if you can escape before the train hits you ?
  • millie210
    millie210
    PhilsWager2
    I think we are the only ones watching the JW Broadcasting Monthly worship videos, why is this so?

I know. Isnt that odd? I am keeping up more than my still in friends.

Of course, I am keeping up more now than I did when I was "in" and pioneering LOL

TTATT elder,

this is a small point but if you all watch it together - it is kind of funny (weird)...

Lett says fairly early on in the broadcast that this is an historic moment because they have now done 7 of these videos- one by each of the GB.

In what world and on what level does that make anything whatsoever historic?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    I think it would be a good idea to watch it together, so as to gauge her reaction. It is a horrible broadcast and should disturb her. If it does not then you will know not to watch further ones for now. If it does upset her, then it will help in the process of leaving.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

millie210 & PhilsWager2

We have noticed that a lot of "still in's" have not watched this broadcast (or previous ones). What's up with that?

We are like you, we know more now than when we were still in. Weird!!!!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I agree with so many others who have said that we seem to know more about the organisation now that we have left!

I keep up with more of the information than I ever did when I was mentally in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit