If you truly beleive in the flood of noahs Day ,do you think he would have as apathetic as jehovahs witnesses are today in warning people?

by smiddy 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

Do jehovahs Witnesses honestly, sincerely beleive that the end of this system of things is just around the corner, and that they have the role of warning all of mankind of what is to befall them .? So why is their ministry so blasaise ? knock on the door ,no body comes knock on the door again nobody comes ? tough luck for him. I`m not taking down return visits , I`m not taking down not at homes ,I`m not taking down bible studys that dont progress to my expectations ,

A typical jehovahs witness :

Q.How long have you been a JW ?

A.30 years

Q.thats a long time ,how many converts have you had in that time ?

A.Well none that I know of ,but I have planted a lot of seeds .

smiddy

• prologos
    prologos

smiddy, good comparison. I pity Noah, woodworking without power is an agonizing profession. Jesus too gave it up for 'the ministry'.

the WT leadership has visions of JWs toiling in like fashion, with goals, dead lines, Busy busy busy,

results? as real as the Arch of that not-so-ancient hacker and sawyer and joiner.

results come from the human factor. the fear, the manipulation, the love bombing.

• Laika
    Laika

Does the bible actually say that Noah preached? I think that might have been something the JWs made up.

• a watcher
    a watcher

"...He did not refrain from punishing an ancient world, but kept Noah, a PREACHER of righteousness, safe with seven others when He brought a flood upon a world of ungodly people..." (2 Peter 2:5)

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

I wonder how many return visits he had in Australia? Forget about not-at-homes... I wonder if he just left tracts (carved in wood)? Maybe the world was just a smaller place back then (everyone lived within 10km of Noah). But if it was, why did JHVH have to make a global flood? Why did all the animals have to die, what did they do wrong?

• Comatose
    Comatose

God had already decided to only save eight people and already decreed the dimensions of the ark. So no Noah was not a preacher of righteousness trying to warn people. At best he could be thought of as a proclaimer of doom and destruction. But, there was no hope for the other people. God had already set aside only room and plans for Noah. In addition it was a covenant with Noah to save only him and his family. Only them. No life saving warning going on back then.

• jam
    jam

I'm sure Noah had a few Bible studies , maybe one or two.

Someone that had no freinds, some guy that was walking

a different beat from the rest of the folks.

If I saw this immense boat in my neighborhood, I would

check it out. Be safe then sorry. My nut case neighbor may

know something.

If the borg can get as many members they have today without

a Ark, why not Noah.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

Well I guess Antarctica or the Americas weren't in his territory because the penguins evidently didn't survive a global flood.

wait a minute... They did??? This is just new light and I'm sure the faithful and discreet slave will provdie the right food at the proper time

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

as comatose so succinctly put it, there was no provision in the plans of the ark for more than the animals and eight people + supplies. .

But, for argument's sake, if Noah actually preached similar to JWs, he would've simply set up a cart in front of the Ark and he and his family would've taken turns manning it passively in hopes someone would stop and ask a question. But, the most important aspect of it would be turning in a nice FS report at the end of the month- accomplishing anything worthwhile is not a factor.

• jam
    jam

Maybe Noah needed a KH, WT and AW mags. A few healing of the sick

to make converts. A couple of raising of the dead would have filled

the Ark. He needed more tools to work with, the Ark just didn't

do it, for converts. Jesus, now that's a different story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit