"Other sheep" are no longer cockroaches but "voracious locusts"

by processor 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• processor
    processor

Some new light hidden in the new NWT.

Old: What was left by the caterpillar, the locust has eaten; and what was left by the locust, the creeping, unwinged locust has eaten; and what the creeping, unwinged locust has left, the cockroach has eaten.

New: What was left by the devouring locust, the swarming locust has eaten; And what was left by the swarming locust, the unwinged locust has eaten; And what the unwinged locust has left, the voracious locust has eaten.

Previously the "locusts" have been the anointed, and the locusts being joined by coackroaches has symbolized the anointed being joined by 'other sheep.' But according to the new NWT, the 'other sheep' are no longer the Cockroach Class but rather the Voracious Locust Class.

See also http://dailytext2.wordpress.com/2014/02/19/what-was-left-by-the-caterpillar-the-locust-has-eaten-and-what-was-left-by-the-locust-the-creeping-unwinged-locust-has-eaten-and-what-the-creeping-unwinged-locust-has-left-the-cockroach/

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

great observation...and i am not being cynical, but who cares?

I mean the watchtower often drops little gems, golden nuggets in to the literature, and like your well observed observation long evity and repitition are not the point...its all lost and forgotten the next study.

I am amazed that little tit- bits in watchtowers gone by have passed by without comment on this site. I remember a gem in the WT study " as we give a final witness" ..such crap, such bullshit...and oh you got a laugh....but here today gone tomorrow...its so stupid, they could write " in the final hours" and 10 years later .....blah blah blah.

• baltar447
    baltar447

More like turds with golden spray on them...

• quellycatface
  • jgnat
    jgnat

Back when I was a newbie here I was introduced to the idea that Witnesses are locusts. Someone kindly looked up a 1997 reference for me. Is it just me or is this a rather unflattering comparison?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/32428/1/Are-Witnesses-Locusts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit