Anyone has the script JW use for the funeral "talk"

by Bella15 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bella15
    Bella15

My relatives are having a talk for their NON-JW family member, meaning he was born in but never baptized and is kind of a bad example in the congo, of course they were not allowed to use the KH and have to look for a facility and someone to do the talk.

I need the script or outline to get some counterpoints and throw here and there during conversations ...

• Watchtower-Free
  • Bella15
    Bella15

Thanks.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Wow i never new that it was so calculated.

I went to one funneral at the K.H, for a young man who committed suicide. It was put down as an accident but the police report was suicide. Anyway i found the talk did not concentrate on the deceased. It left me cold and angry, but others in the congregation found it touching, so i put it down to me being over sensitive. Now i think it was the talk that was insensitive .

Anyway life moved on an a few weeks later a elder gave a talk about suicide and the kids mum was in tears run out the K.H...the elder continued with the talk . Next day i was on the ministry with and elder and i said lets go to the kids mums house and she was smoking. I am glad the elder let it go.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

The talks never bothered me. The ones that I attended seemed loving. They spoke about the person ( that they knew) and then spoke about god's promise in the future. It never felt like a sales pitch, always warm and loving. I never heard a funeral talk that I felt bad about afterwards.

The worldly ones DID bother me , because they were speaking using flowery words about people they neither knew or ever met . And of course, when it came to god, they didn't know what they were talking about.

I was sure!

Anyway, I haven't attended a funeral/ talk since awakening. I'm sure if I did, with my new perspective, it would make me cringe.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

rip van winkle...thats nice to hear.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Rip.. that's an interesting take on "worldly" funerals.

"The talk need not exceed 30 minutes?" I guess that translates to "keep it movin'."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit