What's the difference between Pentecostal snake handlers and JWs?

by undercover 10 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

Not much.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/16/us/snake-salvation-pastor-bite/

Snake handlers can point to one scripture that supports their practice. Snake handling preacher gets bit and then dies because he refused medical help. Relied on his God to save him instead. So now he's dead.

JWs can point to one NT scripture to support their belief. JWs refuse blood transfusions, relying on their God to resurrect them in a paradise earth later. Many JWs, including children, are now dead.

(If there is a difference it's that JWs are worse in that they allow their children to die to prove the adult's faith in their god)

Engage a JW and get them to critisize these nutjobs, and then after you can slam them for being exactly like them, you can watch a JW slither away just like a snake after biting a Pentecostal...

• prologos
    prologos

for both of them the talking snake story is crucial, with out that still-legged creature, they have no leg to stand on, no sin, no need for guilt tripping, no need for redemption. no contributions, no adoration of snake-conquering leaders.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

For one thing, handling your snake is frowned upon if you're a JW.

• clarity
    clarity

Hi undercover nice to see you on here....been missing

your posts!

I like your point ... dying from a snake bite or the uneccessary

dying from blood loss, is in both cases... bat shit crazy.

All about having faith! hahaha how many have died from

that faith!! Too many!

An ytime I see a car load of jws (not often these days)

start the stroll along the road & knock on doors ...

I think ....snake charmers!

clarity

• minimus
    minimus

HEY UC!!!!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

JW wives hate snake wrestling???

DD

• WhoYourDaddy
    WhoYourDaddy

Delusional thinking. Web of twisted lies and belief system. Couldn't agree more.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

The warped thinking is pretty much the same. The son of the religious suicide who died from snake bites was surprised, because his dad had been bitten seven times before, got sick and recovered. He is shocked at what happened, despite the fact that a person had previously died by snakebite at the same church. JWs suffer from the same failure in logic. Ask any JW and they will tell you about someone they knew (or really, had just heard of) who was told would die without a blood transfusion, but who survived, proving that doctors don't know what they are talking about and you don't ever really need a blood transfusion.

They are unable to objectively consider the risks because they are emotionally invested in a particular practice (handling snakes or refusing blood).

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Undercover is right. If you could pull that off it would be priceless. I smell a Youtube video in the works....

DD

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

...........The WBT$ GB Snakes Are Too Fat.................................I Put My Back Out..

....................For JW`s To Pick Up!..................................... Trying To Pick Up Morris..

................................................................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit