There will never be another Raymond Franz

by rory-ks 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rory-ks
    rory-ks

I would not be in the least surprised if a prospective new member of the Governing Body has to sign a legal contract promising that should they ever leave the GB, they must maintain complete silence about what goes on in the inner sanctum.

• zebagain
    zebagain

abit like so many folk who have sued and won get hit with silence clauses.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

NDs wouldn't be neccesary; these guys are screened for ideological purity for years before they get there, and by the time the do, they'd have way too much to lose if they ever rocked the boat.

The GB will never risk another Ray Franz.

• sir82
    sir82

I suspect you are right.

The organization now carefully weeds out anyone with a hint of conscience from progressing.

By the time anyone gets to the top rungs, they are thoroughly vetted as "organization men" - yes-men who whose sole purpose in life is the advancement of kingdom Watchtower corporate interests.

There may be a few at or near the top who knows it's all a farce, but lack the moral integrity to say anything. The thought of going from "rock star" to "pariah", with no friends, no family, no assets, and being too old to work, fills them with more than enough dread to shut them up.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sir82 - "There may be a few at or near the top who knows it's all a farce, but lack the moral integrity to say anything."

When I'm in a cynical mood, I often catch myself suspecting they're actually cool with it, frankly.

• joelfromgeorgia
    joelfromgeorgia

I would imagine they keep control by keeping monetary control over those responsible for running the company.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit