SOME are MORE EQUAL than OTHERS

by oppostate 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oppostate
    oppostate

George Orwell's Animal Farm reminds me a lot of the WT Organization. Often we find JWN members quoting from 1984, and so appropriately too.

But Animal Farm has the pigs being "more equal" than other animals in the farm. What started as a "congregation of brothers" if it ever really was that in the Russellite beginings has become a hierarchy controlled by an oligarchy where some, as the Governing Body, are more "equal", and thus more powerful and can do no wrong by the less powerful and loyal subjects.

So why is the Governing Body more "equal". Because they have the power to change the meaning of words. That's why, just like the pigs in Animal Farm. If equal becomes another meaning of "entitled, deserving, above others" then the SOME truly are lording it over the OTHERS.

Too, the recent BOE letter about the name changes of "district conventions" to "regional conventions" is an example of Orwellian word manipulations. Of course, the book "1984" shows many examples of this that we could point to. But Animal Farm uses some humor in exposing these more equal ones for what they really are, a bunch of greedy unclean swine.

Where's the Achille's Heel in this? I'll make that another post.

• soutx
    soutx

I was just thinking of this quote from Animal Farm yesterday. Reading about the recent " New Light" that the FDS class is now just the GB.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Update: "BOE letter" will now be called "BOE Correspondence". Carry on.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

I keep this picture in my photobucket for a reason. That reason is it applys in so many places in life.

Animal farm

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Interesting, I often think of Orwell when the WTBTS is talked about.

• oppostate
    oppostate

@maninthemiddle, thanks for the photo! A picture can say so much more, especially with the "Big Bro" painting above it.

Maybe that's the reason why the GB is coming out with so many pictures of themselves, it's Big Brother worship in JW disguise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit