Let not your eye feel sorry

by dmouse 6 Replies latest jw friends

• dmouse
    dmouse

As I reflect on the increasing number of newspapers reporting the WBTS’s child abuse scandal today I also note the sudden increase in JW apologists on this board.

This is good, it shows that the issue is making ‘em hurt. Squirm you bastards, squirm!

Now, as anyone who knows me will testify, I am one of the meekest people you will probably ever meet. I hate arguments, they upset me. I find it very hard to bring myself to insult people personally. Although I can have a pretty good go at the collective.

I am also a keen advocate of free speech, having regained such rights after leaving the JWs. I value free speech highly.

Thus, I felt sorry for the trolls, because it seemed to me that some posters treated them rudely. I didn’t like it, it is not in my nature. I believe in letting people have their say.

Then I thought about it. I thought about the WBTS elite, patting themselves on the back as thousands died or were abused as a direct result of their twisted policies.

And I thought about the utter contempt in which they hold anyone who does not agree with them, who does not lick their boots.

They have treated good people with sheer contempt, and caused their toadies to do the same. Why then should they complain when they get a taste of their own medicine?

No. Treat the trolls with the contempt they deserve.

Do not feed them, and let not your eye feel sorry.

• metatron
    metatron

Exactly!

This is not the time to let up. Remember that the Society
    CANNOT be trusted. Please consider the phoney whoopla that
    started a year or so ago about how the blood issue was going away.
    They made public pronouncements that Witnesses wouldn't be
    df'd for taking blood. It turned out that they would be
    DISASSOCIATED for taking blood. Then, Pellechia had to admit
    the deception, as I recall.

Keep in mind their mantra "We are the faithful slave".
    Once you buy into that, nothing they do can really be wrong.
    "We have God's favor, your accusations mean nothing".
    You see the same thing with born agains - they don't need
    to change because God approves of them and you're full of it.

Trust them when they are broke and powerless.

and even then, hold on to your kids and wallet.

metatron

• Grunt
    Grunt

dmouse, metatron,
    I agree wholeheartedly. When you read some of the crap they put on the poor "sheep" like a husband having sex with a horse or another man does not make you entitiled to a divorce, vaccines are puss, when you think of all the young boys sent to prison to suffer abuse and debasement, of how quickly they change a policy over money and how slowly when it is only the suffering of those who believe in them, when you think of all the Witness children alienated and alone in so many schools and all the families they have destroyed and are destroying, contempt and hatred for them comes pretty easy.
    As for the Trolls, I love having them here. I am always hoping that a Witness can be pulled out of the fire, and these people WILL wind up seeing things as we do. It is only a matter of time, they take a giant step away from the Tower just by being here no matter what they say or do while here, it gives them something they are hiding from their socalled brothers and sisters at the hall which creates a healthy distance. They are recieving, whether they want to or not. Like children from a shattered family, they cannot be expected to spring from the source they spring from and act responsibly, they have had a bad model.

• amac
    amac

I find it ironic when JW apologists are lumped together as trolls. Kind of like JWs lumping you lot together as apostates. Why does an opposing viewpoint make someone a troll?

And just because someone is an Apologist, it does not mean they wholeheartedly defend the entire organization. It may just mean that they defend an idealogy, even if they disagree with it, just to get a balanced conclusion.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Wouldn't it be nice if Watchtower Apologists just said what they mean and meant what they said?

Why is that so hard, pray tell?

You want Watchtower policy cahnged? Bill is your man. What are you whining about?

You must be afraid---terribly terribly afraid---that Watchtower might fall.

• amac
    amac

Dung -
    Are you following me?

Intelligent thought requires entertaining ideas you do not agree with. Intelligent discussion follows in the same manner. You seem to prefer a discussion board where everyone posts things like "The Watchtower SUCKS!!!!! They are EVIL!!!! DOWN WITH THOSE BASTARDS!!!!"
    Maybe you can start your own NG as a forum for anything related to JW BASHING.

• dmouse
    dmouse

Under normal circumstances I would agree with you, amac, as I think I indicated in my post.

But we are not talking ‘normal’ here. O.K., talk and reason with a JW, fine, I am not against that, even if you have to part agreeing to disagree. No problem, in fact I welcome it. But some posters are not here to engage in reasonable discussion. They are here to defend the indefensible – the WBTS’s policies on abuse.

What is the point of arguing with a poster who’s sole reason for being here is to psych us up, to dig at us?

What is the point of trying to reason with robots? These people are programmed to defend the machine. It is official policy that they do not have independent thought.
    They exhibit blind loyalty and treat everyone who doesn’t with contempt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit