How to identify an apostate using the bible

by God_Delusion 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Hi guys,

Here's an article I just wrote with regards to identifying an apostate.

Hope you like it!

http://www.jehovahswitnessblog.com/watchtower-lies/who-are-the-real-apostates/

Love,
    Jaymes

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Why aren't we called "heretics?" I always wanted to be a heretic. Sometimes I wonder if I am even an apostate b/c I left before adulthood many decades ago. It is funny that a religious group with no status or prestige in America calls me an apostate. They are the apostate and heretic. I would classify their view of Jesus as not God as not Christian. They are Christian by self-reporting. No Christians would endorse their view of Jesus. The unfulfilled prophecies are the next obvious part of the religious doctrine.

High control is part of New Religious Movements. Thinking gets you in trouble. Sometimes I am with nonWitnesses who make fun of a large vocabulary and reading of books. My parents would have punished me severely if I made fun of people with a small, limited vocabulary who don't read books. It astounds me that people willing accept the WT religion and all the silly rules about not reading or thinking.

It seems as though no group has ever left over a specific doctrine. Witnesses are taught how not to think. When I was young, I was impressed with the Bible flipping. Now I know Bible flipping does not mean Bible knowledge.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I find that the Bible does a pretty good job of explaining what an apostate is ( to those who wish to profess a Chritian faith )

2 John 9 .7

"For many deceivers have gone forth into the world, persons not confessing Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.....(vs 9/10) Everyone that pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. He that does remain in this teaching is the one that has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to YOU and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into YOUR homes or say a greeting to him."

I am not advocating shunning anybody or debating how that might have been understood in the first century......but it is clear that to be guilty one has to deny Jesus....NOT deny the WTS !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit