New Light! People CAN now be saved AFTER the Tribulation begins!

by FusionTheism 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

For decades, I remember the Society, publications, and Elders saying that once the Great Tribulation begins, it is too late to repent or be saved. They said the "Door of the Ark will have been closed."

Now, however, look at the brand-new Clarified Understanding / New Light on this from JW.org, below.

They are still saying that the majority of worldly people will not be saved, but they are now saying it is possible.

The Simplified July Study Watchtower says this:

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/ws20150715/rapture-anointed-great-tribulation/

In a similar way in the future, when the attack against Babylon the Great is “cut short,” we cannot expect that many people will suddenly convert to true Christianity.

The non-Simplified July Study Watchtower says this:

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20150715/rapture-anointed-great-tribulation/

Should we conclude, though, that the destruction of the religions of Babylon the Great results in the death of all the former members of those religions? Apparently not. The prophet Zechariah was inspired to write about that time. Speaking of someone who was previously part of false religion, the account states: “He will say, ‘I am no prophet. I am a man cultivating the soil, because a man bought me when I was young.’ And if someone asks him, ‘What are these wounds between your shoulders?’ he will answer, ‘Wounds I received in the house of my friends.’” (Zech. 13:4-6) So, apparently, even some of the clergy will abandon their religious course and deny that they were ever part of those false religions.

[...] What will happen after the destruction of false religious organizations? It will be a time to reveal what is really in our heart. The majority of mankind will seek refuge in human organizations that are likened to “the rocks of the mountains.” (Rev. 6:15-17) Figuratively speaking, however, God’s people will flee to the refuge that Jehovah provides. In the first century, the interval was not a time for a mass conversion of Jews to Christianity. It was a time for action and obedience on the part of those who were already Christians. Similarly, we cannot expect that the future interruption in the great tribulation will result in an influx of new believers. Rather, it will be an opportunity for all true believers to prove their love for Jehovah and give their support to Christ’s brothers.

[...] Although we do not fully understand all that will happen during that time of test, we can expect that it will involve some measure of sacrifice.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Same stick

New carrot

• bohm
    bohm

Some measure of sacrifice wtf?

isnt this the bit in revelation where the blood flow knee high and jesus chop people up with a sword or am i totally missing the plot?

• prologos
    prologos
    "we cannot expect that the future interruption in the great tribulation will result in an influx of new believers." I do not see last minute conversion there. The whole thing is made up anyway. They have been wrong on everything before, so why should that change now?
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

If that's the case, then all us apostates will just jump in at the last minute and be saved!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyENeCVg6R4

• Alive!
    Alive!

Backwards and forwards, backwards and forwards.

The doors of the Ark will be closed, but maybe not, who can say, not our place to say it.....all in Babylon the Great will be destroyed, or....maybe not?

Why don't you just mess with the R and F's heads a little bit more, WBTS ?

• maksutov
    maksutov

In other words...

Your son/daughter/mother/father/other relative/friend who knows the JW religion is BS might still convert at the last minute, but don't count on it, and don't leave, cos if you do, there is a 99.9% chance you will be dead meat. Have a hope that those who have left or never joined are not beyond redemption, but not so much hope that you can slacken off. Just enough hope that you'll carry on regardless.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Aren't they just referring to the destruction of Babylon the Great itself - the religions - at the start of the "alleged" great tribulation"?

Surely all BtG's adherents are going to get theirs at Armageddon?

(according to the prophets at Brooklyn!)

• sunny23
    sunny23

It said "Should we conclude, though, that the destruction of the religions of Babylon the Great results in the death of all the former members of those religions? Apparently not...apparently, even some of the clergy will abandon their religious course and deny that they were ever part of those false religions."

This is odd. It says "former" members not active members but implies that the act of abandoning their religious course happens after the commencement of Babylon's destruction. Am I reading into it wrong or is it purposefully ambiguous? Because there are currently former clergy who have abandoned Babylon and joined the Jw's so surely this isn't about the ones who abandon Babylon prior to the commencement of destruction of Babylon...but it does say future tense that some "will abandon" but past tense with "former members." Former to what point in time exactly?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

By speaking out of both sides of their mouth, they can later quote whichever point of view is appropriate for the discussion at that moment.

If it's to a witness: All will be destroyed.

If it's to non-witness media people: God will judge each individual's heart and likely many righteous-hearted ones will be saved.

Image result for wolf in sheep's clothing illustration

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit