New Music! Again!

by DwainBowman 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman
    remember when we went to just piano music for the song's at the hall! It was supposed to be better etc etc!
    I remember many quietly complaining about the borning piano music, as compared to the orchestra music, and how much more lively and enjoyable it was! So for 30+ years, the sad borning piano noise was so great!
    Now years later, all of a sudden, orchestra music is coming back, because it IS so much more Lively, and will make everyone really get into and enjoy it more!
    Flip Flops are in Season, once again! Even in the smallest of things, they flip and flop, just to keep everyone off balance, and excited about the crumbs from their banquet table!
    Even while playing the end is coming, it's at the door card, they are building, new and elaborate headquarters, and branch faculties all the world, stuff that will take years to finish! Just like the new orchestrated song music, it's going to take years, maybe 10 or more, with just a few coming out every year!
  • Simon
    Simon

Did your hall have those people who sang the extra bits in the songs? You know:

"Firm for his rule take your stand (take your stand)" <- that 2nd bit

There was one or two songs that were quite moving (and always got sang at the end of district assemblies) but most were crimes against music.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Nothing will be better than the days when dear old Sister X would go to a real piano and thump out a rousing accompaniment to those solid songs like "Firm and determined in this time of the end" ! boom boom.....

You can't beat live music

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

They could be so distracting!

Oh an the ones that show they, "think" they are such wonderful Opera singers! They instead disrupt, and show out, causing many nearby to quite evening trying!

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman
    I agree BB!
  • Poztate
    Poztate
    When our local Assembly Hall was built about 30 years ago someone donated (worldly) an Organ to play instead of Piano. They used it two or three times before discarding it. I am sure the CO or DO killed it because it was too "churchey"
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I can't wait until we all sing " A cart with heart", complete with bouncy karaoke ball!

Just imagine the magical dell projector screen descending from the heavens, just like that one screwed up scripture that talks about a "sheet" from heaven!!! LOL!!!

DD

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence
    Anything will be better then the piano accompaniment for the "new" songbook. Most of the music is garbage anyway. Five years after the new songbook was released, I still get nostalgic for some of the old songs that are now long gone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit