D'Fd coming to the aid of a JW in good standing

by keynumber 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• keynumber
    keynumber

No he's not my biological brother, nor has he ever been in the position to help me, we'v in the past have been out in the ministry togethor, very quite, single brother in his late 30's. drives a little truck, he gives a ride to a specially challenged brother all the time, they never sit with each other as sister do that ride with each other to the hall, not a good speaker, reads with difficultly, sits in the back, only I quess has two suits, boots that are rounding out at the heals, a sign of walking in the city on concrete, always sits in the back looking in total peace, after the meeting stands alone in the back with a smile that tells you he's in total confidence not careing if the brothers just pass him up, real handshake, just a nice guy, GETTING TO WHAT I WANT TO SAY.

We were moving and in the move I found hedgetrimmers and blower still in the box brand new, not even opened. I had them for such a long time, never needing them, just keeping them stored along other 'junk' as wife calls it, keeping stuff just in case the tribulation comes so I won't have to depend on JW's when were hiding from the caos, that is determined to get JW's.

thought of him..,but didn't have his phone #. So I asked my wife if should get it for me as I'm df't, no help in that area, passed on a "weak" one that alwyss talks to me in the store aisles always looking over his shoulders, he didnt feel it was right, but asking me why, so told him. Finally got a secret call as his wife might hear him and gave him the number. But asked me not tell anyone. I said OK

its unbelievable just to help someone I was getting no help...Iz doing a good thing bad. it reminds me of when jesus healed the hand of i guess a lepper and the pharacess rather than looking at it as good. got themselfs forgetting the real meaning of the law...

anyway got in to him and gave a good handshake thanking me saying 'waiting you to come back' OH yaa

• Aroq
    Aroq

Hey, Keynumber,

Good on ya for recognizing some one in need, and doing something about it. There is no praise, there is no shame.....we are all in need of something. Thank you for helping. The other thing I wanted to say was, shouldn't the "group" "organization" "collectiveness of the cong" help those who need it? Do others not see the need?

The Love you gave may not be appreciated or seen as good from men, and maybe not even seen from the individual as being helpful, but it is your heart that matters and that's what God loves.

• JWOP
    JWOP

Reminds me of a time a few years ago when I came into a large sum of money. My actively JW brother found out about it and sent me a seriously groveling email hoping I'd lend him some money to buy a car he needed (and he really did need it). I told him I'd just outright GIVE him the money, no strings attached. We had to meet covertly in a hidden corner of the public library so that nobody would see him receiving the check from me. It was ridiculous!

(He returned the favor a couple years later though: When my hubby's car died, my brother -- using that car I bought him - drove us both back and forth to our jobs for a couple weeks til we got another car)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Just reading all the posts on this topic should make one sit up and say "what's wrong with this picture"?

This kind of stealthy nonsense and furtive behavior is something that goes on in a military dictatorship, not in free countries. Come on now!

Now I understand the feelings an ex-JW friend had when she gave me Crisis of Conscience to read some years back. I was eager to 'hide' it so nobody should see me reading it! Silly, now that I think about it. Now, I'd shout from the rooftops.

I hope JWs lurking on this site wake up!! Find your way OUT of the trap you are in! Good luck to you all.

• keynumber
    keynumber

Its a ashamed that those that pride themselves being one of JWs and listening to all the character building info. are at a total loss on how to conduct themselves especially making it a fine line where at one hand they'd help anyone but have to stall to think about helping the "df'd sister making efforts to get reinstated and has a flat tire" I bet they give good talks.

My elder brother, pioneer, is a construction contractor...He hires me when he can't find anyone, 'brothers of good standing' of course' and me if my wifes say he's doing good and went to a meeting..

we we're doing a AC installation on a modular on the reservation. As I was working I heard a rustle in a mesquite tree and there were 3 illegals with their hands in a praying stance and clasp at me. They begged me for water speaking spanish the way I begged my wife not to turn me in to the elders for being 'evil'. Without hessition grabbing all my water bottles except for the other cans of courage my brother didn't know about and telling him about the the 3 illegals at the back of the house......listen to this , he say "that their illegal and we could get in trouble helping them" ....Knowing I'd probably never be used by him, told him,"GO TO HELL, THERE HUMANS AND I DON'T GIVE A DAMN IF I'M ARRESTED". We'll it turns out not only did he also give them all his water but his sandwichs to. Poor guys, told them be careful, down the road people have a different attitude and will turn you in.

It was very silent on the way home until I told, "do you think you should turn yourself in being that you broke a federal law, and I don't mean the law."

HE LOST IT AND TOLD ME TO " GO TO HELL"........................"I think he learned something from this.

• millie210
    millie210

What a good heart you have keynumber, to notice this man that others just pass by.

• keynumber
    keynumber

My wife only attended the first day of the 2 day assembly with our daughter. I'm df'd but don't want to bust their "bubble". I do love her and she really loves the organisation as the girls do. Anyway in this circumstance it keeps the peace and positive longevity,. I respect everyones descision.

Well she bought this beautiful dress, got her hair dyed and we went to Frys and got a cold roast beef hogie and a drink to take w/her to the function, and going with our daughter and her husband, she really looked forward to this...the early the next morning got a call, the baby was very sick, so those plans fell through...Told her to call one of the friends "I have no doubt you'll find a ride"...she didn't want to bother anyone, can you believe this.

It brought to memory how things have changed in this organisation...I remember a time long ago in the beginning of my time in the ORG...we grew up in a congregation of 15 publishers, only sisters, ultimately the Society sent 2 brothers to help...it grew to about 40+- publishers and allot of us...We were very close, as a youth we were very active with kids our age and alot of "get-togethors" , Even burying literature so if the ungodly heathens took what we had away from us we would...55yrs later its under a new-home tract division...We traveled to our assembly to El Paso, Armarillo, Los Angeles, and Phoenix in car caravans, we all stayed at the same motel, and worked in the same departments... We were very togethor.

Now today you can see a full parking lot and not many in attendance because everyone drives on there own car. Many of those in the hall, you or them have never eaten at each others home... even the elder visits...stressing not the isolating ourself, you don't even know where they live or the work they do...Sometimes you'll see them at a mall etc. and talk with each other as if you've know them forever and in reality learn more of them in the grocery aisle. I remember traveling or those traveling would need a place to stay and all you had to say your one of JWs. Of course thats not possible today.

My wife loves the congregation so much and at the same time is reluctant to ask for a ride...Many today will stop and think what one will have to sacrifice and is it worth it....to far, going out of my way, I don't get allong and other reasons that prevent one from really expressing love for one another.They'll sooner go pick and go out of there way to pick up a study.... But we say we love ouR brothers... when we really only ....................

LOVE FROM A DISTANCE

she never got a ride or call back...I'm the one that tried to make the arrangements for her.

• keynumber
    keynumber

I've been a seasonal worker for a university, doing maintenance work on student dorms when they leave for

for the summer...I ve done this for 3 years except last year...it just so happens that the facilities engineer is an elder and my direct supervisor is also one...I know I rubbed him the wrong way...city easterners and westerners are 2 different breeds...of course being df'd just adds to it making it "open season' for df'd ones not to mention being a poor minority doesn't help, and believe me I don't ride this 'band wagon" loosly,my awareness is very intune with this and by far proven I love all and not inbreed with this characteristic.

Wasn't called last year 2014 because as this supervisor said "I talk to much". well we go to the same congregation my wife being in good standing. My wife relays to me about this from an elder who told her this comment was made by this brother to him...interestingly he brought up this in the ministry...hmmm... the real motive, reason is quite obvious...the paradox of it is there are individuals as me working there that are doing drugs & robbing them blind and no I'm not a 'snitch', not a good working policy. Actually it really hurt me...it showed his true character.

Well here's the 'catcher', the formen I'm assigned to hates Jehovahs Witnesses and to no small degree. we've spoken alot, ive explained what being df'd is,,boy did I feed the fire..and I got to admit he introduced me to alot of new knowledge and not necessarily against JWs but eye opening bible research..it does exist from non-jws contrary of what many are led to believe.

I was called this year to work and go to find out that my direct forman went directly to HR and explained to them why the reason they didn't call me..he told them because I am 'kicked' out of 'their' religion and that this talking reason was just an excuse...

I was reinstated, please lets not go there at this time...and some say thank god you were hired back and to think it took this hater of jws to talk for me

• millie210
    millie210

I remember your kind deed you did to the man in the Hall everyone overlooked.

Im glad to hear someone has now done a kind deed towards you.

This was a great post keynumber and I would suggest that the fact that you post once a year on this thread would indicate you are not that big of a "talker" unless you have something interesting to say.

• keynumber
    keynumber

LongHairGal ....really I totally agree with you, but ur circumstances, family structure, not only length of time as a JW but also to the degree one was involved, your character, what makes you you are all different with everyone else except the one thing we do have in commen is that were on this post with pseudo names...why is it we don't shout out from on top of this site relaying our real names? MY reason is this sight allows me to express myself of the issues that can not only be heard here but allows us to associate with each other 'harddriven' 'tattoed' 'battered' 'thrownout' 'abandoned' 'lied to' some of us left with an emptiness that this sight is the only place where we find relief whether its extreme or not, and its the 'truth' for us....................................................................................my mother doesn't have long and I don't want too have to be stand offish or to stand in a line of JWs relaying there condolences avoiding to touch the hands of the 'devil'. what a son of a bitch this is....keynumber

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit