South Carolina Witness man kills family & himself....has anyone heard

by Legacy 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

Heard a witness man from South Carolina, killed his family & himself...Has anyone heard ? Don't think he killed himself because he was a witness, most likely crazy before he became a witness..

Legacy

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Yes, I saw this on a UK news website. It makes you wonder what goes on inside people's head when they're sat in the KH's.

Rest in peace.

• Legacy
    Legacy

@quellycatface...

I agree...many of witnesses send their reps. to the hall, meaning, they are not who they appear to be. Many witnesses are hurting inside but if they talk to anyone, they just say pray to God...So sad...Just was wondering why it wasn't mentioned on this site, they mention things that happen on the other side of the world, but right here in our own backyard, nope....

So sad.

Legacy

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Legacy, I give you an example. My Mum is a functioning alcoholic. I'm sure her illness lies with the JW's. She always wants to do more but for god's sake, she is 71!!! I keep telling her it's time to slow down and let the youngsters pick up the slack. She's in a vicious circle. Poor self-esteem (a la WT), drinking, ans so it goes. She never drank much until she went back to meetings in 2000.

QCF X

• steve2
    steve2

There is an earlier thread on this but I don't know how to make the link.

• Legacy
    Legacy

@quellycatface,

Whatelse can they do...I went to a sisters house when I first started studying...she kept offering me a drink, they had a full stocked bar....Witnesses eat, & drink..in abundance...ever notice when they give an illustration, it always is likened to a good meal...

The are physically & mentally suppressed. Many are working out their salvation & have alot of guilt, so going out in service helps them to avoid thinking. Some of them can't even stay at home with their ownselves. They run themselves out of their own house. Also, think of being a witness this way, many of them chose a religion that is busy, some folks like to keep busy, ask them & they don't why...this type of worship appeals to them, if they were in another type of worship, they would join every committee. Many choose a religion according to their personality...I'm a witness. But I'm not a chest beating witness. I know the bible & what it says. I will share with others what I hope will help them put their lives on the right track. I will lead them to the bible but if they want to come to the hall, I'll invite, but won't press...it's all up to them. I'm an opened minded witness, not sure how long that will last, & when I become closed minded...then I should exit stage left...Hope you Mom (Mum) doesn't go too far to put her health in danger..

Ever wonder why the Dead Sea is dead...NO OUTLET...

So many of the witnesses have no outlet...they are dead inside...

Legacy

• Emery
    Emery

steve2,

First type something in the text box > Highlight what you want hyperlinked > Click the "chain link" icon below the Font Size dropdown menu > Insert link address > Click ok

Earlier thead

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit