Big convention in Milwaukee June 2014

by Joliette 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

I work at a hotel, and our hotel literally sold out in two days. The Jdubs aint playing! You would think that the end of the world was coming how they were calling for hotel rooms. Literally every 10 mins they were calling: Do you guys have rooms for the Watchtower convention. There is gonna be a convention going on at Miller Park this year. I think I'm gonna go just to check it out.

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

Interesting. I'm actually scheduled for that convention as well. I should probably make arrangement for a room soon…

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

How did the special WT rates compare to any other "special rate"?

Doc

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Rates may be only a LITTLE LOWER than normal, and Parking costs at the hotels (decks) are very low compared to the usual (ex. normally $25per day ends up being $5 for the JWs) depending on where you go.

No doubt the WT has "promised" that these hotels will be booked - guaranteed $$$- at the hotels. Thus a contract is drawn up and discounts are easy to get when you promise all rooms will be occupied for said dates.

• carla
    carla

I think the apostates need to have a tailgate party at Miller Park that day! (err, 2 days I guess) They couldn't stop it could they? There is a restaurant open to the public at Miller Park so they don't get the whole stadium & parking lot to themselves.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think I'm gonna go just to check it out.

ugh... why would do that its just more of the usual lying brainwashing corruption as every

WTS. assembly is about.

• Joliette
    Joliette

^ @ Finkelstein, I'm going more out of curiousity of seeing our new ball park here in Milwaukee. I havent been there since they opened it. And then I want to see some of the people that go to my old kingdom hall, well my childhood and early adult hood kingdom hall. Trust me, I have NO PLANS on returing to the kingdom hell.

• Saved_JW
    Saved_JW

Joliette,

I will be going to the Miluwaukee convention this weekend as well, on Saturday, we should meet up!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I'm going more out of curiousity of seeing our new ball park here in Milwaukee

Let's hope for rain, and them not being able to work the retractible roof.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit