My first Mothers Day

by TweetieBird 6 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I've been a mom for 21 years now and am going to celebrate my first mother's day. My oldest son is taking me out for lunch on Sunday.

Happy Mother's Day to all moms on this board.

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Ain't it grand! Enjoy your day Tweetie. I know my girls love surprising me with stuff now. One time they actually blindfolded me and drove me an hour to Peggy's Cove (enormous rocks, lighthouse and crashing waves) I loved it! I hadn't been to the ocean since our van 'died', and knowing how dearly I love the ocean, they pulled this on me. There was also the very introspective stop at the SwissAir memorial site.

from a mom to another mom (and yes, to ALL the mom's on the board)
    Happy Mother's Day

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

The kids love doing something for mom or dad and I love saving every little drawing, craft and soap dish they make.
    I always feel so awkward not doing anything for my own mom on Mother's day though. You know, it's so weird to call her up and say, "well, if you could celebrate holidays, I'd wish you a happy mother's day mom because I love you" and she says "oh, we don't need a special day to know our kids love us". Which is true, but still.

Have a nice mother's day everyone.

Anne

• TheStar
    TheStar

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TWEETIE BIRD AND ALL MOTHERS ON THIS FORUM!!!

I just sent my Mother and my Sister Mother's day gifts for the first time in 6 years. It feels so good! And yet at the same time I feel so terrible for having let the borg, for 6 years, keep me from doing something for my mom on this special day.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

This will be my first mother's day tool. My 3 kids are asking me what I want, a ring, flowers, etc. Of course like all mom's say, I told them I just wanted a hug and maybe a drawing I could put on the fridge. Their little eyes just have so much love in them , they
    seem so excited to be able to finally celebrate some of the holidays we were never allowed to do. My youngest son is 7 yrs old and still trying to figure out if we celebrate this or that, he doesnt understand all of the holidays. He asked me if there is a daddy's day? How precious!!!

Happy Mothers Day to all the ladies!!!!

Don't forget ,, no cooking on Mother's Day,,, let 'em take you out to eat!!!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

A very happy to you and all Moms......my wife and I are doing some really nice for her this year....

ashi

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

Congratulations Tweetie Bird and all other moms here! It's nice to see everyone celebrating life. I plan on sending my mom a card despite the fact she's a witness. I'm just going to send a picture of me and my boyfriend in a handmade card with a simple message. Just because SHE doesn't celebrate doesn't mean I can't--and I know her well enough to know she'll be thrilled.

Becky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit