2 insane comments lately at the Kingdom Hall...

by TheApostleAK 5 Replies latest jw friends

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

Yes, i've been going to the meeting lately (only) to hear my DA announcement (still hasn't been announced..been over a month) and pick up some mags (another story!)(See "Org crack down on..." post). Well heres two comments made by speakers from the platform that I noticed that sorta stuck out.

Firstly, about a month ago this MS was doing a talk on Proverbs in the TMS and during the talk we had to look up 4 scriptures in a row from the Bible and the MS said (the way I heard it he said it sarcastically) "It's great to be finally using the Bible!". (As a side point, at last Tuesdays meeting we only looked up 1 scripture (count is usually only about 3-6).

Secondly, this Elder was doing a service meeting talk on the "Reasoning" book and he said he "liked to really do a lot of research"......he then went on to praise the societies publications and that he uses just them in his research.

From AK

• somebody
    somebody

Sounds like they might be emerging out of darkness, TAAK. We can only hope.

Did you actually hand in a DA letter about a month ago and it hasn't been announced yet? Or did you verbally DA yourself? I only ask because I'm wondering why it's been a month and no announcement was made yet. Wondering if this is the norm.

peace,
    somebody

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

I gave them a letter on the 26th of March.....

AK

• rmayer32
    rmayer32
    "It's great to be finally using the Bible!".

LOL.. THat's hilarious

-Rick

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

We looked up a WHOLE of FOUR scriptures at the Watchtower study this last Sunday, and it seems an average of four per meeting.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

At last weeks Book study I noticed something odd. About half-way through it mentions about getting rid of sin and death. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but neither scripture cited mentions sin, only death.

I wouldn't have seen it if I'd not be reading this board.

Ignored One.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit